Stitchfix #14

My favorite time of month has come and gone once again. And this month it was pretty difficult not to keep the entire box. (I really am focusing on only keeping things I love and that can be worn in multiple ways.)

If you haven't heard of Stitchfix here are the deets: 
1) Go the link, sign up and fill out all the info they ask for about your personal tastes, they'll hook you up with a stylist who'll send you a box with 5 items that they think will look great on you, based on what you tell them.
2) Pay a $20 styling fee which includes the box shipped to you and goes toward your purchase should you choose to keep anything in the box. 
3) Get your box (which you can set up on auto for once a month or schedule them as you wish) and try on your items! You have 3 days to decide and there's a free shipping bag included to send back what you don't want.

Now, I sent back my box and don't have the info on two of the items that I didn't keep, but I'll post the photos anyway :)

Presley Colorblock Button-Back Sweater
This sweater is so fun. I'm super into yellow lately and added it to my Stitchfix inspiration board because I'd seen someone else get it in their fix. That's an awesome thing about this service, if you REALLY pay attention and do your research through their Pinterest boards, you can see what other women are getting and request specific items if you really want to try them. Although, I wouldn't recommend doing this ALL the time because part of the reason of getting this service is to have someone else pick out things for you. 

I paired this with some black skinny jeans and leopard print flats for a fun kick.

Oliver Faux Leather Trim Striped Top
At first I wasn't sure about this top. It was cute sure, but seemed just like another striped top. The leather detail at the neckline (where the v is) is a nice detail. But when I put this thing on I was sold. So comfortable. I'm all about the comfort/cute combo. 

I paired this top with some black leggings, which I rolled up on the bottom and paired with some brown booties.

Fierro Elbow Patch Crew Neck Sweater
Now when I first pulled this out of the box I thought, "oh, just a plain black sweater" and wasn't too stoked about it. Then I flipped it over and elbow patches! It's such a simple detail but just makes the sweater. It's lightweight and can be dressed up or down. (I thought about putting it on with a black tulle skirt and some boots but I never dress up so went more casual.)

I threw on some gold tear drop earrings, my favorite Old Navy ripped rockstar jeans and some burgundy heels. Love this outfit.

Plaid Circle scarf and Boyfriend Jeans 
These two items I didn't keep but it wasn't for style reasons. The circle scarf is super cute. Both sides are a different pattern of plaid and it was so comfy and warm. Problem is, I JUST got one almost identical to this a month or so and couldn't justify buying another. 

The boyfriend jeans were great quality, only problem I had was that they were a bit big around the waist. Hey, not a bad problem to have! 

Want to give it a try? There's nothing to lose, even if you only do it once, it's a super fun experience. GO HERE to read more and sign up!



No comments :

Post a Comment