January 27, 2015

2015 is going to be good.

A lot. A lot. That's what has been happening in the past month. 2015 is going to be a very busy year I think. Here's a bit of a run down on what I've been up to (you know, in case you've wondered where I've been.)

Christmas happened and it was pretty dang good. We stayed home and did mostly nothing. The boys' aunts came over and we just spent good ole fashioned quality time together. It feels so good not to travel for the holidays. Don't get me wrong, I really miss being around family but I'm about making life as stress free as possible. Traveling during the holidays is not that.

I started a new piece on my upper/inner arm. (Flopping the fat part of my arm out on a table sure makes it look SO good in photos, right?) I'll be back in February to get color filled in. This piece is the essence of my nostalgic heart. The bittersweet passage of time, always looking back with love, even on the thorny parts. I can't wait to see how much this is transformed with color. 

Extensions happened! I REALLY miss my pink/purple hair, however my hair was just so fried from all of the processing that it was growing out in true mullet fashion. The top/front was refusing to grow because of the damage and the back was free and wild. These are the same tape-in extensions I got earlier in 2014, they stay in for 6 weeks and after that I go in and have new tape put on and they can be put back in my hair. I'm hoping this will give everything a chance to mend itself and I won't be king of mullet city anymore. 

I went to stay at a house by the ocean with 15 other moms I met on the internet. People said we were crazy, that some kind of drama was bound to happen. They were wrong. It was such an amazing weekend. We drank, we ate, we laughed, we ate, we laughed some more. These women are good stuff. We can all be completely honest and open with each other, we share our stories and life experiences without fear of judgement, we're all different and appreciative of those differences. I've never really had a big group of girl friends. I've always had one or two close friends but never that network of women I really trusted and admired. I've always wanted that, and I'm so glad they're all in my life.

2015, you're off to a great start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *