Paleo noms.

So I've kind of slowly been transitioning myself to a Paleo style of eating. There's a lot of misinformation out there about it, and a lot of different takes on how people eat this way. However, I found a really awesome cookbook and started transitioning to this way of eating and saw immediate results with my body and energy levels. Taking out processed and added sugars as well as bloat inducing grains really made me feel 100% amazing. 

Now, it hasn't been easy all the time. My husband and kids aren't in on it (although I'm working on taking out sugars and most grains from the boys' diet) and it can be challenging for me to give up some of the stuff that tastes the best but isn't nutritionally sound. However, the less sugar I eat, the less I crave it. 

I recently got this cookbook  and have practically cooking nonstop from it. Every recipe I've tried so far has been amazing and surprisingly simple. Not a ton of random and complicated ingredients or processes, which is good for me because I'm not a chef. I'm a basic cooker. 

Here's a few of the things I've been cooking up. I'm wondering if any of you would be interested in the recipes? 
Bacon wrapped dates and pineapple. 

Lemon blueberry muffins.

Pumpkin pancakes. SO GOOD. 

I'd like to hear from you. Do any of you eat Paleo and what are your favorite recipe books/websites? 

No comments :

Post a Comment