Stitchfix Number 12

It's that time of the month again...NO, It's STITCHFIX TIME. Duh.

If you haven't heard of Stitchfix here are the deets: 
1) Go the link, sign up and fill out all the info they ask for about your personal tastes, they'll hook you up with a stylist who'll send you a box with 5 items that they think will look great on you, based on what you tell them.
2) Pay a $20 styling fee which includes the box shipped to you and goes toward your purchase should you choose to keep anything in the box. 
3) Get your box (which you can set up on auto for once a month or schedule them as you wish) and try on your items! You have 3 days to decide and there's a free shipping bag included to send back what you don't want.

Now, I've had some pretty awesome luck with Stitchfix but last month I think that luck kind of ran out. Here's an idea of pretty much exactly one of my pieces from last month:
I'm not kidding. Minus the yellow stripe, this is the exact sweater I got. And this is pretty much how I felt and looked in it. It wasn't good. Or it was the best. I'm still traumatized and not thinking clearly.

Now before I get started on this month's goodies I wanted to let you all know I'm trying to do these posts a bit different. I'm going to be adding a separate photo of the outfit itself so those of you who've had questions about other things I'm wearing can have all the info! I'm not going to link up to each specific piece because honestly, I don't have time for that. So I'll let you know where I got it and you can do the rest from there. 

That being said - there was only one save from last month; this plaid infinity scarf. We all know I'm a sucker for plaid. 
Other outfit details: Shoes - some discount store in Portland. Sorry I don't remember. // Earrings - Stitchfix // Dress - Target

This month went MUCH better than last month. I actually told my stylist to give me a box full of boho just in time for fall. I was looking to try a completely new style and this box didn't fail me. 

EIGHT SIXTY
WHISTLER GRAPHIC PRINT BUTTON FRONT BLOUSE
We're actually in the middle of an annoying October heatwave right now so this top is perfect. I love the print, it would look great layered for a night out. It's light and flowy. Didn't mind this. 
Other outfit details:  gold earrings - World Market // jeans - Madewell // heels - Target

SANCTUARY
SYLVANA FAUX LEATHER TRIM PLAID TUNIC
The word "tunic" is a stretch with this one. I had to keep the bottom buttons undone so it would fit over my booty. I appreciate the small detail of the patches on the elbows and the leather trim inside the collar and cuffs of the sleeves. One thing I also liked about this was that is has snaps rather than buttons. I tied a belt around the middle so I didn't look super boxy. 
Other outfit details: necklace - Stella and Dot // jeans - Madewell // boots - Target

RENEE C
NICO CHAIN DETAIL METALLIC KNIT SWEATER
This was a super interesting sweater. There was like a plastic/fiber material throughout that made it look like a chain link fence. I also like the chain details at the shoulder. You can't feel the plastic on the inside, its only on the outside. Only downfalls - A) I'm not sure how to wash it. B) The metal chains at the shoulders are freezing against my skin. If I wore this in the winter I'd definitely have to wear something under as a buffer. 
Other outfit details: headband - Mama Mandolin // boyfriend jeans - GAP // shoes - Target

SKIES ARE BLUE
ANDI GRAPHIC PRINT FRINGE CARDIGAN
I like the idea of this cardigan, and it's definitely the boho style I requested. There was just something about it that didn't quite work. It's definitely comfy and cozy though. 
Other outfit details: tank - H&M // jeans - Old Navy // moccasins - Minnetonka

COFFEESHOP
KENNEDI KNIT SLEEVE CARGO JACKET
Yes times a million. YES. I love this jacket so much. The pockets, the sweater sleeves, the hood is huge, and especially the cinches in the middle. It's essential for me to be able to cinch in the waist of my outfits to give me some definition at my smallest part. This is one of my Stitchfix faves!
Other outfit details: jeans - Old Navy // boots - Target // shirt - Stitchfix

Want to give it a try? There's nothing to lose, even if you only do it once, it's a super fun experience. GO HERE to read more and sign up!

No comments :

Post a Comment