#Stitchfix Number 11

My favorite time of month arrived! Yes, it's Stitchfix time! 

If you haven't heard of Stitchfix here are the deets: 
1) Go the link, sign up and fill out all the info they ask for about your personal tastes, they'll hook you up with a stylist who'll send you a box with 5 items that they think will look great on you, based on what you tell them.
2) Pay a $20 styling fee which includes the box shipped to you and goes toward your purchase should you choose to keep anything in the box. 
3) Get your box (which you can set up on auto for once a month or schedule them as you wish) and try on your items! You have 3 days to decide and there's a free shipping bag included to send back what you don't want.

I want to first touch on some drama that's come up lately with Stitchfix and their pricing. Stitchfix items are priced generally higher than what I'd been used to paying when I started using the service. However, at the time I started using the service I was still struggling to find my post-kids style. Over the past 5 years my body has changed and so have I. I struggled for 4 years to find a style that reflected who I felt I was. It doesn't seem like a huge deal to a lot of people but to me, how I dress certainly gives me a sense of confidence in myself and really changes my whole demeanor. It's a way to express who I feel like on the inside. 

The stylist sends with each item a little card with 2 ways the piece can be styled. In the beginning, it really helped me start to explore what worked with what, and in ways that felt like me. Over the past year Stitchfix has really helped me find my style. I feel so much more confident in the way I dress and much more focused when shopping on my own. I used to shop just for whatever I felt I wanted. I now shop with what I already own in mind. I can kind of mentally put together outfits and find quality pieces that are versatile enough to fit with other things I own.

While I understand there is a mark up on many of the items they send, to me it's every bit worth the convenience and the lessons I get each month. Sure, some things could be found elsewhere but I'd have never even had the idea to find these pieces if they weren't sent to me each month. And once I find something I really like in a fix, I start to look for similar things on my own. I also notice I rarely buy items anymore that I don't love just because they're cheap (which is something I think many of us are guilty of). I've learned I'm willing to pay a bit more to have less in my closet, but it is a closet full of things I really love and things that work well together.

Choosing a service like this really is about personal preference and what you feel comfortable paying. If it's something you can't afford to do on a regular basis, it's can always be something to do for special occasion or to treat yourself once in awhile. 

One trick I've learned and why I think I've had such an awesome experience with the things I've gotten through this service over the months is because I'm very vocal each month about how things fit me, what I like and don't like, what I'd like to see in the next boxes, etc. I've even sent them my measurements. I keep my style boards on Pinterest updated each month so my stylist has new, seasonally appropriate ideas for me. It's really an interactive experience that requires input from both sides.

That being said- let's get to the clothes! (I've switched my fixes to come every 3 weeks so there are a couple items in here from my previous box that I kept as well.) And actually, since I've been getting fixes more often, I'm much more picky about the things that I do chose, helping me to REALLY find things I love. 

Last month's box keepers, I don't have the info on these because I can't find the card! 

THIS SUPER SOFT T-SHIRT 
 Seriously. This shirt is so freaking comfy. I need things a little heavier weight so they hang better (if it's too thin it clings to every lump and bump) and this lays perfectly. Oh, and these are the pants I got in a fix quite awhile back. Also super comfortable, albeit a bit long.

 THIS AMAZING LIGHTWEIGHT KIMONO
Heart eyes. I wear this all the time. It's like scarf-weight, but just right for the cool ocean breezes here.

For this month, haven't figured out what I'm keeping yet. I'm going to start including the price of the items as I've seen some of you requesting it! I haven't mentioned there's a discount if you keep the entire box, I believe it's a 25% discount, which on more than one occasion has actually been cheeper to keep the entire box than just a couple of things.

CORY TIE-DYE DRAPE FRONT CARDIGAN - $58
I love me a good drape front cover up. I also love that it's a print. Most of my clothes are fairly basic and one way to spice things up is to have just one simple yet bold statement piece that makes the outfit stand out. It's a fun take on my usual uniform of stripes lol. This is a good outfit for everyday wear. I'm also holding a mint leather tote I got in a previous month's fix. 

LUZ VEGAN LEATHER PERFORATED MOTO VEST - $78
When I opened the box I squealed when I saw this vest. Upon putting it on, I'd probably prefer for it to be a bit more tailored at the waist. I have an hourglass/pear shape and kind of need some waist definition to even out my silhouette. This would be a fun outfit to wear for a girl's night out or to a concert. Oh who am I kidding, I'd probably wear it any/all the time. But for $78, I really need it to fit properly.

SHIVA PLAID MIXED MATERIAL TEE - $44
Wasn't too sure about this when I opened the box. Not typically my style. I like the use of plaid on the shirt since it seems to be trending right now. The back of the shirt is like a stretchy blue jersey, which makes it, like most pieces I get from Stitchfix, very comfortable. I put my own spin on the outfit with some ripped jeans, studded shoes and gold hoops (hard to see) and kind of started to like this one.

TORONTO BICYCLE PRINT SPLIT NECK TOP - $48
This tank has little blue bicycles on it. I didn't really like it on it's own, but under a blazer it wasn't too bad. It's white and kind of see-through so I had to wear a cami underneath. 

Want to give it a try? There's nothing to lose, even if you only do it once, it's a super fun experience. GO HERE to read more and sign up!

No comments :

Post a Comment