#Stitchfix Number 10: box of the year!

It's been a few months since I've done a Stitchfix post, and I've gotten so many goodies in my past boxes I feel bad for not sharing! I finally got around to taking photos of last month's box and gosh they're getting good at sending me things I love!

If you haven't heard of Stitchfix here are the deets: 
1) Go the link, sign up and fill out all the info they ask for about your personal tastes, they'll hook you up with a stylist who'll send you a box with 5 items that they think will look great on you, based on what you tell them.
2) Pay a $20 styling fee which includes the box shipped to you and goes toward your purchase should you choose to keep anything in the box. 
3) Get your box (which you can set up on auto for once a month or schedule them as you wish) and try on your items! You have 3 days to decide and there's a free shipping bag included to send back what you don't want.

I can't say enough about how much I love this service. I look forward every month to what surprise I'm going to get in my box and just really enjoy trying clothes on from the comfort of my own home. Oh, and let's not forget the outfit suggestions they send with each piece, so you know exactly how to wear it and can find things from your closet to put together.

Oh and spoiler alert- I KEPT EVERYTHING. One huge perk I love about keeping the entire box is that you get a 25% discount on the box if you buy it all. SO, if there was one shirt you weren't quite sure about, you basically get it for free if you just take the whole box. So worth it.

Here's what I got this month! (Except for a maxi dress I couldn't find in my closet lol. whoops!)

ALTERNATIVE APPAREL BEVERLY OMBRE & STRIPED COTTON KNIT SHIRT
I'm actually wearing this as we type. This shirt is so dang comfortable. I love the ombre. What I love about pieces like this is that they take a normal style like a  striped shirt and step it up a notch. It makes it easier for the shirt to be the main piece of the outfit without a lot of other frills. This is so necessary for me, as I really don't do much as far as accessories go most days so I really look for pieces that stand by themselves, even when just thrown together in a casual outfit.

LE SAMPLE KAHLO EMBROIDERED SOLID TANK
I wasn't completely sure about this tank at first, mainly because it's a little bit long and falls at kind of a weird spot for me. But I paired it with some high waisted jeans and knotted it in the front all 90's style and it's much more flattering. I love the mint contrast embroidery. And a special bonus, it's a gathered racerback, which gives it a little extra flare in the back. 

ZAD CODY TEARDROP FRINGE EARRINGS
It's not very often that I get accessories from Stitchfix, and I'm extremely picky with all of them I own, but these earrings? Fabulous. Gold jewelry is my spirit animal. The touch of white on these is perfect. These earrings are great for dressing up or to pair with something more casual. So happy with this little surprise in this fix.

PAPERMOON PASADENA CROCHET FRONT SHORT SLEEVE BLOUSE
This might be my all time favorite piece in the entire year I've been using this service. I wasn't quite sure about it when I opened the box because I mean, it's hot pink. Also, things crocheted or made of lace tend to be really tight on my arms and shoulders. I was a little bit worried about this. (The back is just a sheer pink with a zipper at the top, fyi). But once I put it on- it fits perfectly. So comfortable, and the pink isn't so bad when you keep the rest of the outfit neutral. I love the longer sleeves, and the gathered shoulders. Usually the little poofs on the shoulders are too much and make me look like a linebacker (my shoulders are already wide) but these provide the perfect balance and actually keep the sleeves from being too snug. 

I could go on forever about this top. I'm determined to find a way to wear it year round. And it even came with the white layering tank for underneath. 


Want to give it a try? There's nothing to lose, even if you only do it once, it's a super fun experience. GO HERE to read more and sign up!



No comments :

Post a Comment