spending large sums of money in an obnoxious period of time. #nablopomo


You may have seen around the blogosphere that this month (although every month kind of is) National Blog Post Month or NaBloPoMo where bloggers commit to blogging every. single. day. for an entire month. It may not seem like too big of a deal but dude, writing every day takes some dedication. Especially when you have a life, and a family and you know...things

I've thought about doing it in the past, and maybe unofficially tried to do it thinking I'd get through the month and then fail like, a week in. But I officially put my blog on the blogroll and I'm going to do it! Said every blogger ever.

Now, because only in my wildest dreams could I come up with enough quality content to fill an entire months worth of posts, I'm going to be using some of the prompts given just to get me going, get me in the writing mode. You can find them all here.

Today's prompt:
If you found one million dollars in the morning and had to spend it by nightfall, what would you do with the money?

I'm sure we've all dreamed at some point in our lives what we'd  do with a butt load of money. We talk about all the things we'd buy, the things we'd pay off, the places we'd go. But a million dollars to spend in one day? Whoa. Talk about stressful. I'm going to go with my very first reactions/thoughts about this because that's what I'd be doing if it really happened.

1. I'd pay off any remaining debt we have.
2. Call my friend Jenn in Portland and tell her to find us a sweet house we could buy that day.
3. Pay off all debt of my parents and in-laws.
4. Give $100,000 to each of our parents. 
5. Buy us a new car. 
6. Realistically, if I had to SPEND all of this money by the end of the day, I'd use the rest of the day to drive to the city and just walk around handing out sums of money to random people. I'd first ask them what they'd do if someone gave THEM a bunch of money. There's nothing else I could do in one day that would make me feel as good as that. We'd be debt free with a new car and a house in our favorite place...I'd love to spread the good luck on to everyone else. Being able to see someone's face as I handed them 5-10-15 thousand dollars? That would be better than keeping all of the money to myself. I'd never look back on my life and wish I would have done something different with the money.

What about you all? What would you do with the money?

If you want to participate in NaBloPoMo, you have until Nov 5 to sign up!


No comments :

Post a Comment