July 25, 2013

Stitchfix Number 1!

Have you guys heard of Stitchfix? Ok I don't remember how I heard about it, but I did. And I decided to give it a try. Because let's face it, as much as I think I'm a big girl and know how to dress myself, I don't. Especially after having kids, my body has changed. This new body is confusing, and mooshy in weird places and just all...different. Yes, even three years out and I'm still a lost little doe in a giant woods-like-closet of lostness. 

So yeah. Clothes. 

If you were too lazy to click on the link, here's a quick run down of what it's all about. You pay $20. You fill out some surveys and tell a stylist about your style. I have no idea what my style is. Then they get to work picking out some clothes they think will look good on you. You can specify what kind of clothes you want (shirts only, no jeans, etc.) or don't want, how much you're willing to pay, there's like a hundred different ways you can customize the whole thing.

Then they mail you a box!
In the box there are 5 things for you to try on. As you can see they even include with each item outfit suggestions, so you have some ideas on how to wear it all. They really know we need help.


  

#1: Kut From The Kloth Nylon Chambray Button-Up Tank This chambray/denim shirt was so soft. However, I feel like an 80's mom when I wear sleeveless collard shirts. Also, probably could have gone a size down on this one. 


#2: Kut From The Kloth Evan Embroidered Peasant Tank LOVE this tank. Super lightweight and flowy. Perfect for hot summer days. It's a little big but I like it that way, in the summer you don't want a lot of clingy clothes. And I really love the color. 

#3: Angie Moni Stud Detail Printed Top My favorite of the box. Sheer and comfortable. Love the colors and the studded details. Loved everything about it.

Angie Oliver Hi-Lo Floral Print Dress and MM Couture Abel Airy Knit 3/4 Sleeve Cardigan

Yeah I just wasn't a huge fan of the dress or cardigan. The dress was a little too busy for my liking, and was one of those high in front-low in back dresses that I'm just still not sure about. The cardigan, although so super soft and comfy was the same style, draped long over the butt. This is probably fine for people lacking in the rear but I have plenty...and the cardigan just kind of sagged.

Overall  I was super satisfied with my very first Stitch Fix. How awesome to have someone send you clothes to try on? I ultimately kept the pink tank top and the pink studded top. 

If you're interested in trying this service out for yourself here's a link to go sign up! (If you use this link when you sign up, I can get a referral credit!) My mom actually signed up while she was here visiting last week, she was really excited about someone sending her outfits to take all the work out of shopping. 

(And a little FYI- this is totally not a sponsored post. I just really love the service/experience and want to share it with you all!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *