February 11, 2013

red velvet brownie bouquet and pink milk.

I wouldn't say I'm a hopeless romantic, but I sure am a sucker for any holiday that revolves around sweets. I have one small problem, I don't necessarily want to make said treats as much as I want to just eat them. My friend (and new fellow bay-area-er) Courtney from The Oven Mitt hooked us up with these insane red-velvet-chocolate-chunk-crazy-mind-explosion-brownies and stopped by last week so I could make them all pretty and we could stuff our faces.

I paired the brownies with some good ole fashioned milk, which I added a few drops of red food coloring to just because I can. And trust me, with these brownies you'll need milk. 

Valentine's Day doesn't have to be extravagant or expensive. Sharing a simple special treat with your special ones and covering every visible surface with hearts is really all it takes. Just the effort of something handmade and spending something as simple as your time really does speak volumes to those you love.

In the spirit of Valentine's Day and gooey mushy chocolate  love, Courtney is sharing the recipe over on her blog for all y'all. She also has a whole bunch of other great recipes that pretty much leave me drooling. 

So here ya go:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *