ramblings on blogging


I've been thinking a lot about the blogging world lately and my place in it. Sometimes this whole thing just seems really silly to me. I've been trying to overcome this constant nagging in my head that's telling me, "more tutorials! more diys! more posting! better pictures! more traffic! more networking!" How do you know when you've crossed that imaginary line from doing a blog for you to just doing a blog for everyone else?

Well you know what? I really try not to worry about everyone else. Sometimes those competitive thoughts slip into my mind but I try my absolute hardest to shove them out. I didn't start this blog to compete. I started this blog as a reflection of myself, as an outlet. My posts aren't always consistent, I don't have things scheduled days or weeks in advance, I don't have tutorial ideas coming out my ass, or even have someone else's idea to recycle as my own. 

What can you find when you come to this blog? You'll find an accurate representation of who I am, what it's like to be a mom and a wife, what it's like to struggle with life's daily challenges, imperfect photos, things that inspire me, those two little things that are my joy; all the things that are me. 

Everyone has their own reason for blogging and everyone's blog evolves into different things as they grow and change. I want this blog to stay true to who I am. I have a few promises for you:

+ I promise my blog will never be overrun by tutorials and Pinterest traffic seeking posts. I'll only share with you the things I've made/done that I truly think you'd like.
+ I promise my blog will not turn into a sponsor wheel. I'll never sacrifice content for money. 
+ I promise you I won't post every day just to post. 
+ I promise that I'll always be open. I get emails every week with questions about me or the boys or hair (that's a big one) and I try my best to get back to everyone in a timely manner. 
+ I promise that I'll always write for me. I like you guys, but part of keeping you all around is being me.

Thank you all for following me on this blogging journey. This internet home really has become a part of my life, a place I've formed many great friendships (yes many in real life) and a real-life documentary of my days as a stay at home mom. I hope you all stick with me as I grow and change (hopefully for the better). 

NaBloPoMo November 2012
I'm writing a blog post every day this month in honor of National Blog Post Month. You should, too.



1 comment :

  1. I adore your blog just the way it is. I guess because I know it's you and not all these sponsored posts and so on. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete