importance of taking care of your eyes! #SeeMoreVSP



I started wearing glasses in the 2nd grade. My mom knew I needed a check up when I was having trouble reading things on the board at school and was getting headaches. I mean, check out this awesomeness:
And every year since 1992 I've been going back to the eye doctor, getting a new and stronger prescription and another new pair of glasses. As my eyes get worse, the glasses get more expensive! (I really am sorry to my parents for the bad eyes. But it's kind of their fault.) I fully expect the boys to need glasses as well. 

Now that I'm a big kid, we have to pay for glasses ourselves and as you can imagine with both my husband and I wearing glasses, it really does get expensive. BUT, I've learned the hard way, it's super important to take care of yourself with yearly eye exams and not just go in when you are having a problem. I've pushed it off in the past and regretted it. I have very strong astigmatisms in both eyes and have very dry eyes in general. These things combined make it really difficult for me to wear contacts. Glasses it is!

We had VSP Vision Insurance for a few years (before Chikezie switched jobs) and it just had such awesome money saving benefits. VSP Vision Care really helps you save money, keep your eyes healthy and look great! You can save an average of $320 a year with a VSP Vision Care. (Suh-weet!)

Yes, my glasses got even bigger.

Insurance plans like VSP Vision Care provide you with a frame allowance as well as fully cover the cost of basic lenses.  They also provide discounts on lens options including progressive lenses,Transitions® lenses, anti-reflective coating, scratch-resistant coating and UV protection. So each year when I purchased my new glasses, I actually had an allowance (or I like to think of it as a credit) just sitting there, waiting for me to spend on glasses. It really helped put a dent in the price of the glasses as a whole.

So why am I telling you guys all about this? Because it's important. Your style is an extension of your personality and your glasses can help accentuate this. I went through a phase wearing only contacts but have throughly embraced my glasses in all their geeky glory. 

**Visit SeeMuchMore for more information about VSP and vision care benefits. This post is sponsored by VSP. I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective, and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.


No comments :

Post a Comment