Bay Area Adventures with my dad.

(Us amazed by the Golden Gate Bridge)
If you've been following me on Instagram, you already know my dad came to visit us last weekend. We won't be going to Iowa for the holidays this year so it was nice to see him before the end of the year. On Sunday just he and I set out on a day of touristy things in San Francisco and had a blast. It was the most one-on-one time I've spent with my dad in years and it'll be a memory I hold dear forever. 

Here are some photos of our adventures:

He was really excited about Alcatraz. Next time he's here we're going to take a boat over there and tour the island. 

We drove down Lombard Street.
And I found this quote (about Lombard Street) from Bill Cosby particularly hilarious:
"They built a street up there called Lombard Street that goes straight down, and they're not satisfied with you killing yourself that way—they put grooves and curves and everything in it, and they put flowers there where they've buried the people that have killed themselves. Lombard Street, wonderful street." 
We saw The Painted Ladies. Or as most people know them: http://youtu.be/Ul2QTLpasDs

Went on an actual 1800's cargo ship, giant steam ferry and an old steam tug named Hercules on the Hyde St. Pier. My inner history geek was in heaven. Only $5 for access to all 3! If you're in the Bay Area and looking for good day outing-this was so much fun. I felt like I was walking back in time. I love touring historic locations. I like to imagine myself in the place and time of the people who were once there, you're walking through history in so many places in San Francisco. *end nerdy history freak out* But really!

We walked around Fisherman's Wharf , ate chocolate in Ghirardelli Square, drove by AT&T Park as the Giants were playing the final game of the World Series in Detroit. (There were people everywhere.) And then drove by the sad and unkempt Candlestick Park. 

You guys, it was the best day. And if you're ever in the Bay Area, I'm serious, go see the boats! 

I'm blogging every day this month for National Blog Post Month. Maybe you should, too.
NaBloPoMo November 2012













2 comments :

  1. You HAVE to take the night tour of Alcatraz. It's spooky, much less crowded, and all around awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You HAVE to take the night tour of Alcatraz. It's spooky, much less crowded, and all around awesome!

    ReplyDelete