October 6, 2012

fall recipe: crockpot apple butter


Ingredients:

- about a dozen apples 

- 3/4 cup water

- 1/2 tsp all spice 

- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (plus a few sprinkles more)

- 1/4 cup light brown sugar

Directions:
Core, peel and cut apples into small chunks. (They break down faster the smaller you cut the chunks.) Mix in all the spices, sugar and water. Cook on low in your crockpot over night or during the day, it really doesn't matter. I checked on mine and stirred it a few times throughout the day. Once it's broken down and pretty mushy you can put it in a blender to smooth it all out.


This gave me 1 1/2 large mason jars full of apple butter. What I love about this recipe is how simple it is and how much it tastes like the apple butter I remembered eating when I was little! Oh, and if you cook it during a day when you're home, you can enjoy the aroma of cinnamon and apples all day!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *