October 16, 2012

doing stuff kids do outside.


One thing I've truly appreciated since moving into our home? So much outdoor space with full visual access from pretty much all of the living area. This means the boys can come and go inside and out without me having to be outside with them. The majority of our living space is glass, making it so easy for me to keep track of them while they gain a little independence and get into trouble outside on their own, like kids are supposed to do.

This is the first time they've had this kind of freedom, ever. We had a yard in Portland but it was behind the house, so I had to be back there to supervise and they weren't outside nearly as much as they are now. (The weather also had a little to do with it!) I grew up on a farm where I could roam around free for hours on end, not as a two year old, but you know what I mean. I 've always wanted the boys to love being outdoors, and get dirty and get into things outside. 

The boys' mornings, afternoons and evenings have been filled with digging in dirt, scooting on tricycles, throwing wood chips in the air (and getting scolded), killing my flowers, throwing rocks, and you know...just doing stuff kids do. 







1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your beautiful kiddos. I have a 2 year old boy too and am so jealous of your yard right now!

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *