Amazing Bread Pudding Recipe


I LOVE bread pudding. Ever since my grandma used to make it for me when I was a little girl. I'm sorry I don't have a better picture for this, I made it last night and it was too yummy to resist eating right away, I almost forgot to take a picture! This is by far the best bread pudding I've ever had.

I found this recipe here but adapted it to what I had and what my tastes are-so this is the exact recipe I used:

Ingredients:

2 cups whole milk (or 2 cups half & half)
1/4 cup butter
2/3 cup light brown sugar 
3 eggs
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups bread, torn into small pieces (I used bakery sandwich rolls)
Directions:
1. In a small saucepan, over medium heat, heat milk until film forms over top. Add butter and stir until it's melted. Let the mixture cool until it's lukewarm. 
2. Stir together for 1 minute:  sugar, eggs, cinnamon, and vanilla. Then slowly add milk mixture.
3. Put bread in a medium sized baking pan or dish and pour the batter on top of the bread evenly.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes until it's set.
****************
Bread Pudding "Frosting"
Ingredients:
3/4  cup whole milk
2 Tablespoons butter
1/3 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 Tablespoon flour
Directions:
Mix everything together and bring to a boil, stirring often. Let it cool for a few minutes and then pour over the bread pudding. Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment