August 20, 2012

Good job family, high five.


You know, I complain sometimes about my children sucking the life out of me, but let's be completely honest...these three guys are pretty much my entire world. And that husband of mine? Keeper, 

We four, we've been on one hell of an adventure these past few years together. And no matter how difficult things get, we find peace in each other. Well sometimes Chikezie and I annoy the ever-living-shit out of each other (I'm bossy and he's goofy and sometimes we both over do it). I've found though that through all of this craziness we never let it get to our relationship. When one of us is stressed out, the other usually pulls out the big guns to make it all right again.

I don't know if I believe in soul mates, but I do believe in people who just "work" together. Our personalities compliment each other so well and it just works. Don't get me wrong, marriages definitely require a lot of work, but ours just feels right. And given the circumstances under which we entered this marriage and all of the things we've been through since, we're doing pretty damn awesome. 
In case you're new here-here's a quick synopsis of the past 3 years: We got married when I was in my 1st trimester w/surprise twins, after moving across country together. We then proceeded to raise said twins away from all family and friends we'd grown up with. And now we've made two more long distance moves in the course of 6 months .... all while maintaining a happy marriage and happy healthy kids....whew.

And now here we are in the middle of this rental home search in yet another new place, and all the stresses that go along with this are just forcing us to work a little more at our marriage and happy family. Some days suck, but they're far outnumbered by the days that are filled with laughter. (If you know Chikezie, you understand how hilarious our home is.) 

I don't know where the hell this post is going. I guess I'm just thankful. Thankful for this guy, and those little guys. We all work together pretty well, I think. We've been through more things these past 3 years than many families go through in 15 and we're still ticking. 

Good job, family. High five.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *