July 27, 2012

thoughts on moving {again}


You guys, I'm so tired of moving. Have I said that before? Because I am. I hate the constant state of saying goodbye to people/places I've grown to love. With Portland it's been a little difficult because our love affair was fairly instant, and hard. We love this place hard. 

However, I've learned a lot from moving over the years. I have to keep focused on the positives, and keep looking toward the future. I can't wait until we're in our new house, wherever that may be, and we can begin unpacking things for real this time. I can't wait to explore yet another new city and all that it has to offer. Many people live in the same place their whole lives and I always yearned to never be one of those people. I really do love and thrive off of change. 

I keep deleting and re-writing this post because I have a million things to say about moving and I'm feeling a million more things about this whole thing. And then I keep looking up at that picture of those two little people and it all really boils down to one thing; them. Everything we do now, it's for them. Every change, every move, all the struggles and uncertainty, it's all so they can have a good life. So maybe one day they'll have a it a little better or easier than we did.

I've also learned a little bit from the move up here, that as long as we shower these guys with all the love and kisses we can, they really don't care where we are, as long as mommy and daddy are there.

And that's all I have to say about that.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *