July 25, 2012

picnic food: wraps recipe


Wraps are kind of the best idea ever. Why I never make them is beyond me. I called my friend Rachel this weekend for some good advice on wrap making (because as far as I'm concerned, she's the queen on these matters). 

I made these wraps for our little park picnic outing this weekend and they went over well. This might seem pretty obvious or simple to all of you out there but for dummies like me who have no idea what goes well with what, this was a lifesaver (Thanks Rachel!)

Ingredients:
- wrap, spinach or sun dried tomato
- romaine or spring mix lettuce
- chicken breast
- hummus, red pepper or regular
- yellow mustard
- red peppers
- feta crumbles

Directions:
Spread the hummus and mustard on the wrap, and then just pile on your other ingredients. I'm sure there are so many other ingredients you can use on these, but this is a good start and has only a few ingredients to keep it simple/keep the cost low.

I wrapped these individually in plastic so they stayed together well on the trip to the park. They were perfect for a picnic and I had lots of leftovers for later meals.


1 comment:

  1. I just made a cheeseburger wrap for my dinner tonight. Whole wheat wrap, boca burger, cheddar cheese, lettuce, mustard, and tomatoes. It was so good!!! Easy too.

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *