June 23, 2012

not as planned

Yesterday the boys had a photoshoot for a wedding boutique my friend works for. The theme was "lumberjack wedding" and the boys were to be the ring bearers. After a super long morning with the cable guy at our house, I got my insanely clingy and crying children ready for what I was crossing my fingers would be a good experience.

The boys slept on the way to the shoot, it was a beautiful drive up into the mountains. I kept praying they would wake up in better moods than the morning had presented. 

I had no such luck. 

They were just completely not into it. I was disappointed. I know they're just kids, but it was a lot of work just getting them out of the house, it was disappointing when I realized it was kind of just all a waste.

On my way home, I had a frustrated cry. After an extremely long week at this new house with multiple appointments of maintenance people coming to our house, and one thing after another going wrong, the  end of the week just was a big cherry on top of an already shitty week. 

This is why I don't have the boys modeling. (one of the many reasons) It's a whole lot of work for a picture, for someone else to profit off of our beautiful creations. I agreed to this photoshoot because my friend put it together and because my bow ties were a part of it. (Which is another reason I'm disappointed we didn't get many shots)

When we pulled in the driveway at home I decided I didn't want the boys' bad attitudes to ruin my day. I took them to the backyard and snapped a few pictures of them in their adorable outfits. I laughed at the craziness that was our past week and that is our life. 

And it made me love them a little harder.






1 comment:

  1. Awesome shots! They are ADORABLE!! If I ever have boys I will be needing some of those darling bow ties!

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *