May 22, 2012

Two year olds mean business


I know it's been awhile since I blogged but I still only have the iPad and my phone...typing out a post takes forever. Plus, y'all know I'm a visual person and it's so hard to post decent pictures on here, but I digress. I need to post.

And today's post is going to be one of those that you can probably all relate to. I love my children but they're lucky they're cute because they've been as annoying as hell lately. It might have a little to do that we are in a small 1br apartment with minimal toys.

Here's my current list of annoyances, feel free to vent your similar frustrations because it feels good to get it out.

- Screaming at the top of their lungs for fun. All the time. I've tried time outs scolding, ignoring, etc. They just keep each other going and it gets worse.
- Continuously opening the garbage, cupboards with bad stuff, glass doors of storage next to the tv, the freezer, oven.
-Pounding on every surface of the house and usually with wooden kitchen utensils. I normally wouldn't care but we're in temp housing on the top floor of an old building a.k.a. people can hear everything.
-Fighting over my lap because they don't want to share. And then tantrumig because of it.
-Reaching all of the lights and turning them on and off continuously.
-Throwing any and everything when they're pissed off, which in turn makes a huge loud noise on our wood floors and I'm sure everyone in a 5 apartment radius can hear.

Only a few more weeks in this place and then we'll have a yard for them to explore, a huge baby proofed house and no below neighbors to worry about annoying.

Two year olds make my brain hurt.

1 comment:

  1. My daughter is 20 months old. And I am expecting a baby boy in like 2 weeks. I can relate it most of what u have written, and it freaks me out to even think of handling a new born n a 2 yr old at the same time. I wonder how u manage twin boys. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *