February 24, 2012

a kindle girl now!

Got myself a Kindle touch. 

I really love actual books. I love the smell, I love turning pages. I love having them out to look at. But since we've had the boys, I can't keep them out or they'll be torn to shreds. I have books stashed under my nightstand. I have books lining the boys' high shelves in their bedroom closet. I'm running out of places. 

I got the Touch, and not the Fire because although the Fire looks fun to play with, I have an iphone that I do a lot of playing on. And I'm at home most days with a computer in front of me. I don't need any more technology enticing me to mess around. I need to read. I need my books all in one spot. I need to be able to take them with me easily when I need to look up a pattern or something at the fabric store. 

So far, so good! I've only had it a few hours and it already came in handy while laying in the boys' room waiting for them to fall asleep at nap time. A book purchased, a couple of chapters read. It took me a minute to get used to turning the pages (not scrolling) and then once turning a page my first instinct is to look to the top left side like when reading a book (but there's no page there!). 

I'm excited for all the reading I'll be doing in the coming months! One of my goals this year was to read more (at least a book a month). I'm slightly behind but I think this'll help catch me up. 

Do you have a Kindle/Nook/E-reader? How do you like it?

2 comments:

  1. Oooooh! I'm so excited for you! I have a Nook touch and I love it. Someone tells me they read a book they like and I just download it right then. I can carry it in my bag easily for park time, waiting at ballet, school pickup, whatever. It's so convenient and fun... I still buy books when I'm going through withdrawals, but this little thing is really awesome. Oh! And I download books for my son too so if he's getting crazy while waiting somewhere, I have an arsenal of Phineas and Ferb books ready for him. Hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Nook and I love it! I still read regular books sometimes though. And since I'm a teacher I still buy my yal books in paper so that I can pass them on to my kids. :)

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *