I returned home from our 10 day Iowa Christmas vacation with a renewed sense of purpose and a little boost of motivation. All it takes is a new year with millions of new possibilities and ideas and a little reminder of where you come from to kick your butt into gear.
I'm not one to make resolutions. Resolutions are so commonly broken. I prefer goals. Here is the beginning of my list of goals for 2012. I think I shall post them on the side of my blog so I can continuously add and check off completed goals. We all know how much I love lists.
- Take the boys to the park to run and explore once a week. (without a car this is a task in our hilly neighborhood)
- Schedule my necessary doctor appointments. I'm past due.
- Add a boy's line to my Etsy shop.
- Have a booth at the spring and/or fall Queen Bee Market.
- Drink more tea.
- Try one new recipe each week.
- Grow my hair out (more).
- Volunteer my time for a good cause.
- Expand my sewing and photography skills.
- Do something active everyday.
- Read one book each month.
- Take a yoga class.
- Family vacation to Colorado.
- Start a compost bin.
- Use less electricity.
- Go to BlogHer 2012.
- Pay more attention to the foods I eat, focusing on a balance diet.
- Blog my little heart out.
- Throw a bitchin' 2nd birthday party for the boys.
- Run another 5k.
- Dance my face off at my best friend's wedding in March.
What are some of your goals for 2012?