Holidays!




1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate. I've never had egg nog, actually. But it smells nasty. OR, hot chocolate with some baileys. Yep. That.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? They're unwrapped, obviously. The elves make the toys and put them right in his bag, he never pulls wrapped gifts out of his magic bag. Mine were always put out with our stockings by the fireplace. 


3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? We grew up with colored. I go back and forth, some years I want white, some colored. 


Packing last year.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, but my grandma always did!


5. When do you put your decorations up? Growing up we didn't until the first of December (which my parents still stick to very strictly). This year I put our tree up BEFORE Thanksgiving *gasp* because we're going to be gone for Christmas/New Years and I wanted to enjoy our tree up a little longer. 


6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Nothing specific, I just like the feast in general. And the all day snacking and treats just out for whenever you want them.


Someone made me a gingerbread house one year. Full size. 

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? I loved waking up earlier than my parents to see what Santa brought. But I'd get in trouble if I was up wandering the house before my parents got up (and they always slept in on weekends) so one year I got a cabbage patch doll, took it up to my room and played with it and then put it back in the box perfectly and put it back downstairs. I acted SUPER surprised when I went down and got it later :)

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? In grade school I kind of KNEW but didn't want to admit it. I was probably 6th grade when my mom was cleaning one afternoon and I asked her. She said "the spirit of Christmas is real" I started crying anyways. I knew that part of my childhood was over lol, it was a very epic moment for me.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? When it was just me, we opened gifts on Christmas day. When the triplets were little we would open one present after church on Christmas Eve. 


Christmas in Keystone, CO one year.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? This year it's a lot of handmade stuff. As the boys get older and start making things, I want it to be their stuff. Chikezie's parents tree is completely full of stuff he and his brother and sisters made over the years. I love it.


11. Snow! Love it or dread it? I love it as long as I don't have to travel in it. 


12. Can you ice skate? My mom took me once when I was really little, haven't gone since.


Pregnant Christmas, 27 weeks.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? As an adult, you look back and realize the best memories of Christmas have nothing to do with any of the gifts you ever got.


14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Easy. Family time.


15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? My grandma makes THE BEST cinnamon rolls. I have her secret recipe but they never taste as good as hers.


16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Going to my grandparent's house and the whole family being there (like 25-30 people). Lots of food and laughs all day. My uncles would always have big stories about each other and everyone would be in tears laughing in the kitchen. And then we'd all stay up late playing card games at the dining room table...my great grandpa Leonard was the best at those. I miss him.


In my Grandma's kitchen last year.


17. What tops your tree? A star made of twigs right now. I think we'll keep this one. Growing up it was a gold, fringey star haha.


18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Giving, and watching the receivers open the gift, especially if it was something I made.


19. Candy canes: yuck or yum? Yum. Especially when I get super crazy sugar cravings lol


Christmas in Iowa last year.

20. Favorite Christmas show? Tie between Home Alone and Christmas Vacation. Love watching both of them with my dad.


21. Saddest Christmas song? That Christmas Shoes song, I don't remember I haven't heard it in awhile.


22. What is your favorite Christmas song? It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas. I don't know why, I just like the song. And I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas. 

No comments :

Post a Comment