Avocado Banana Face Mask

Thank you to California Grown for encouraging me to connect with California growers and encouraging California consumers to "Choose California Grown" when they can.

I've always believed in the importance of buying local and buying produce grown here in the United States. Not only is it great for our economy, it's better for the environment (less distance to travel).  If you don't see the CA Grown label on products at your grocery store, you can always ask your grocer to find out which products are grown in California.

Avocados are a huge crop here in California. California has nearly 6,000 avocado growers, and most are located in coastal regions of central to southern California...aka where I live! California produces about 90 percent of the nation's avocado crop. 


Here in Southern California, people love their avocados. Except for me; I think they taste gross. But thankfully, avocados are good for more than eating! Avocados are crazy moisturizers and have been used in skin care products for years. Here is the recipe for an Avocado Banana Face Mask that completely hydrates and refreshes your skin (and smells amazing). 

  1. Mash up the avocado and banana.
  2. Beat the egg yoke. 
  3. Combine all four ingredients.
  4. Apply all over your face, rinse off after 10-15 minutes.
I had a lot left over so I put the rest in the freezer. This time next week, I'll thaw it out and use it for my face again!

And the most awesome part about this whole deal? These avocados were grown about an hour away from my house in Bonsall, California. Here's a little video about the farmer who grew my avocados:
Go HERE to view his whole grower profile. In this day and age, how often do you get the opportunity to  KNOW the person who grows your produce? SO awesome.


Thank you again to California Grown for sponsoring this blog post. Please click here to learn more about all of California Grown growers. I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective. All opinions are my own. #CleverCAGrown #spon

No comments :

Post a Comment