gorgeous curls and some mommy feelings

Here are some spectacular curl pictures for your Wednesday:

In other news, I wanted to thank EVERYONE for all of the awesome comments and support and advice you gave me on a post I wrote a few weeks ago about the boys' speech development. We've been working on a lot of signs lately, I feel like it's the best way to work on their communication skills since they really aren't trying to say any words. Animal sounds? No problem. However, these signs are usually picked up within a couple of days if I really work on them. 

It does get frustrating. I won't lie and say I don't worry about it. I know therapy will always be an option down the road if we start to feel like they're really behind. They're my babies, you know? They're boldly entering this toddlerhood stage and need desperately to communicate with us. I know all kids go at their own pace, that they'll talk when they're ready. Trust me, I waited 16 months for my huge kids to start walking, when they looked way too big to not be walking yet. When people laughed at how funny they looked walking on their knees everywhere. I learned the true extent and importance of my patience. 

But no matter how hard you try to ignore it, you always feel this little twinge of I don't know what it is, not jealousy, not guilt or sadness...but you know...when you see other parents talking about all these things their (much younger) kids are saying and doing. It's not so much a competition, to me anyways. I don't know what it is. A comparison, yes, but it's impossible to avoid.

As a parent, you just want your kids to be normal. You want them to be better than normal, you want them to be awesome. At everything. But these two little boys, they're teaching me a lot about patience. And persistence. 

It's a work in progress. Both the talking and the mama.

1 comment :

  1. This is a beautiful post. Daniel's speech seems a little slow and it is so hard not to worry, especially blogging where there is so much to compare him to! But all children are different, and as long as he's healthy and happy I guess there's nothing else I really want! Xxx

    ReplyDelete