buff chick hot wing dip recipe

I love hot wings but sadly, they're not the best for me. Here's a great alternative:


Ingredients
- One 8-ounce tub fat-free cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Frank's RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- Two 9.75 oz (or 10-ounce) cans 98% fat-free chunk white chicken breast in water, drained and flaked
           I just used chopped up chicken breast pieces instead of the packaged stuff.
Directions
- Place cream cheese in a large microwave-safe bowl and stir until smooth.
- Mix in Frank's RedHot, mozzarella cheese, ranch dressing and yogurt.
- Stir in chicken until thoroughly combined.
- Microwave for 3 minutes. Stir and then microwave for an additional 2 minutes or until hot.

I got this recipe from the Hungry Girl 1-2-3 recipe book. I'm kind of wary about a lot of recipes in this book because although you're not using many ingredients and most of the recipes are pretty simple, they use a lot of packaged and processed ingredients. 


I've been carefully going through the book, selecting things I can alter a little and that will still taste good.  This was a great snack to munch on while we watched football over the weekend. I served it with carrots but hubby said he would have preferred chips. But he doesn't really like carrots dipped in anything, and I'm sure this would taste good with chips but the nutritional content would probably go down a little.

Nutritional Info:
PER SERVING (about 1/4 cup): 68 calories, 1.5 g fat, 616 mg sodium, 2g carbs, 0g fiber, 1 g sugars, 10g protein. 
AND if you use Weight Watchers, each serving = 2 pts (not bad!)

If you guys make this you'll have to tell me how you like it!

No comments :

Post a Comment