September 6, 2011

Picture Frame Earring Holder Tutorial

I've decided to finally stick it to Pinterest. I'm tired of wasting hours on the site and not putting any of my millions of ideas into action. No longer will Pinterest devour my time without any signs of productivity. I can now prove to myself that those addicting hours being sucked into the mind warp that is Pinterest have been worth it.

I saw THIS and realized I wanted to make one. And I'll show you how I did it. And you can do it, too because it was kind of easy. I love having all of my earrings displayed and out to see. It's a cute accent (I hung mine in my bathroom) and it's easier to pick which ones to wear when I can see all of my options together! 


Step 1: Get your stuff together. 
 Old frame (Goodwill $2). 
Hot glue gun, and glue. 
Sponge roller. 
Your choice of paint, I chose Red Clay. 
1 yard of lace (although I didn't use the whole yard)


 Step 2: Paint the frame. 
Yep. Pretty easy.

Step 3: Measure lace and hot glue it to the back of the frame.
Yeah, I didn't bother painting the back of the frame. AND, you can probably use something else to glue the back and make it all pretty but I just used good ole fashioned hot glue and it worked fine.

Step 4: Hang and enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *