September 19, 2011

Mondays Are Awesome Vol. 7

That's right. Mondays ARE awesome. I'm determined to start your week off on a fun note. This week we're going to get to know the fun side of Rachel from and then she snapped

name/age/location
I'm Rachel. I'm old. And I live in the beautiful PACIFIC NW where we are lucky if we get two weeks of summer.


family stats:
I'm married to Chris. He's old too. I have three kids, but I have four babies. Grace is 12. Camden is 7. Charlie is 18 months. Mina is forever a newborn in our hearts. (You can read Mina's story HERE.)

What would be your dream job?
I'm living my dream job, which is actually being a stay at home mom. It's super cheesy, I know, but I really love it and I'm so grateful that my husband has a good job and can support me not working (for money, I mean), I work on the little ol' blog ALL THE TIME, but I'm definitely not making any kind of living doing it!

Name a secret talent.
I can read minds. Of my children. Which blows them away. Medium is always asking me "how did you KNOW that?". I tell him it's just a superpower moms have.


Pet peeves...I know you have them.
Oh boy, do I! I hate when people don't put their crap away. Literally I CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT IS SO HARD ABOUT THAT. I also hate when people fart and then say they couldn't help it (I'm looking at YOU, hubby). Seriously? I don't want to smell the inside of your butt, which is really what a fart is. And finally, I hate bad grammar. Not bad grammar that is on purpose but bad grammar like using the wrong for of your or you're or there, their or they're. If you are over the age of 7 please learn the difference. And use it.

What is one of your bad habits?
Moi? I don't have ANY bad habits! OK, if I had to come up with somthing, it would be...hmmm, nope, I can't come up with anything. I must be perfectly perfect in every way. (Would you guys just go with me here?, it'd go a long way in convincing Hubby that I DON'T spend WAY too much time on the internet).


What is something bad you did when you were a kid?
I used to throw my vitamin C (the chewable kind) in the fireplace instead of chewing it up like a good little girl. Haha! I was actually a really good kid. Which, I'm sure annoyed the heck out of my younger siblings. I did however, date a few "gems" that I thoroughly apologize to my parents for now...as we get within 10 years of Grace dating (hehe) it scares the crap out of me that she might go out on a date or two with some LOSERS. (Sorry LOSERS, if you're reading this). 

Best concert you've been to. 
Paul McCartney. Because it's the closest thing to seeing the Beatles that I'll ever get.

What is the best thing about you?
I think my kids are the best thing I've ever done. Even though at times they are super turbo annoying and I find myself counting the minutes (HOURS?) until bedtime.


Have you met anybody famous? If not, who would you like to meet?
When I was young I wrote a letter to the police department telling them how bored I was in the summer, and two officers arrived on their TALKING MOTORCYCLES to say hi and give me their autographs. Can I just say that two uniformed police officers knocking on the door one morning scared the crap out of my mom. (sorry, Mom!), but dude, how many people do YOU know that have met Harvey and Beulah (the talking motorcycles). It was AWESOME.

Name something you love and something you absolutely despise.
I love shopping. More than buying actually. I love scouring the clearance racks and finding that one gem among all of the yuck. I despise paying full price. For anything. I actually very very rarely do it. I love the thrill of an awesome bargain. It gets me all excited just thinking about it!

Your drink of choice. (Preferably alcoholic...but if you don't drink that's cool, too)
I love a Mike's Hard Lemonade---the in the dark cherry flavor. It's pretty much a wine cooler, I know. I'm lame. I also love a cheap white wine of the sweet variety. 


Do YOU want to be awesome on a Monday? Email me at mamamandolin@gmail.com to participate. You'll get this feature post all to yourself, get to show the world your silly side, and get some prime real estate up on my right side bar for the week you're featured.

Happy Monday, friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *