Mondays are Awesome Vol. 6


That's right. Mondays ARE awesome. I'm determined to start your week off on a fun note. This week we're going to get to know the fun side of Olivia from Soul Singing Liv
Stats:
Name:  Olivia
Age:  31
Location:  Louisiana
Husband: Shawn, married 11 years:)
Kiddos: Isabelle is 7 and Brees is 8 months old
Two dogs, Ruca and Ozzy and two cats, Agnes and Karate Kitty



What would be your dream job?
 My dream job would be to run a working farm exactly like the one I grew up on: cattle, horses, pigs, chickens, orchards, a year round garden, you get the idea.  I would also like to raise goats and have my own all natural skin car/bath product line using goats' milk and fresh herbs from the garden.  I want to renovate my aunt's old school bus and turn it into a mobile market filled with fresh produce and natural products.  Someday... 

Name a secret talent.
My feet are like a second pair of hands.  I can do pretty much anything with my feet: pick things up, hand them to people, clean, open things.  Also, I am ambidextrous with both hands and both feet.  I am a monkey girl.


Pet peeves...I know you have them.
My pet peeves include:
A.  People who walk slow.  I am a nurse and walk at super human speed.  I don't expect everyone to walk like a maniac the way that I do, but please let me by when you feel me breathing down your neck!
B.  Trying to handle business and not being able to talk to a human i.e. automated 1-800 numbers.  It is so frustrating to me to try to reach someone about my insurance only to end up being put on hold, asked to press a list of numbers, and then forced to repeat myself because the computer can't understand me.  My accent is NOT that strong:)


What is one of your bad habits?
I have a potty mouth.  Do you know the phrase "curse like a sailor"?  Well, I really was a sailor and sailors really do curse.  A lot.  I of course do not curse in front of my children but when they are not around, watch out.  Is there a cursing rehab?  I need to get on that.


What is something naughty you did when you were a kid?
As a child, my brother, cousins, and I were always outside, playing in the woods surrounding our house, putting on plays and building clubhouses in the barn.  We didn't get into much trouble because we stayed outside from dawn to dusk.  Those were the good old days for sure...

Best concert you've been to.
Tool, 2001, Voodoo Fest in New Orleans, LA at City Park.  It was during their Lateralus tour and it was amazing.  Seeing Tool in the middle of the woods in my favorite city with my husband and best friends = heaven.


What is the best thing about you?
I don't take myself too seriously.  I try to enjoy life to the fullest and enjoy each and every day.  My life has taken me on many adventures, both good and bad, and I have learned from every single joy and tragedy.  That is my prayer every morning: to be able to face the day with a brave face, smile through each and every up and down, and learn to love myself and the people around me more and more.

Have you met anybody famous? If not, who would you like to meet?
No, but I do know a guy who has no belly button and he is now famous thanks to me because I tell stories about him ALL THE TIME.  He literally had no belly button, just a weird naked tummy and I would tell people about him, walk over to him, and lift his shirt up to prove it.  Poor thing, he has been exposed in many a bar room thanks to me.

Name something you love and something you absolutely despise. 
I absolutely love my family and friends, of course. Having strong, loving relationships is very important to me. I also have a serious love for chocolate that is quite dangerous. I have been known to eat an entire chocolate bunny in one sitting.

I despise being disorganized, it drives me crazy. I can not go to bed if there are dishes in the sink or tasks left undone and I LOVE lists. Since becoming a mother of two, I have relaxed quite a bit and learned to let things go in order to maintain my sanity. But, I really like things to be clean, organized, and running efficiently.

Your drink of choice. (I'm talking alcoholic but if you don't drink that's cool, too.)
 I have been pregnant and now breast feeding for the last 17 months, so I have been sober as a tick for quite a while (what does that expression even mean anyway?).  When I am not sustaining another life, however, my drink of choice is Abita beer, preferably their Purple Haze Ale, made right here in Louisiana.  I also enjoy a shot or two of Jagermeister every now and then.  Yes, I am hard core.  Southern girls are made of steel.


Do YOU want to be awesome on a Monday? Email me at mamamandolin@gmail.com to participate. You'll get this feature post all to yourself, get to show the world your silly side, and get some prime real estate up on my right side bar for the week you're featured.

Happy Monday, friends.


No comments :

Post a Comment