August 11, 2011

Guest Post: Stacey from Pill's Place

Today's guest post comes from Stacy at Pill's Place! Thank you SO much to Stacey for taking the time to share with us something very near and dear to her heart :)


Everyone say hi to Stacey!

Hi, My name is Stacey and I run a blog called Pill's Place!  I was lucky enough to have Mandey let me do a little blog guest post while she is on vacation.  My first thought was to do a post about thrifting and turning something old into something new.  I run a weekly post called Thrifty Adventures each Thursday and thought it would be the perfect tie in.

Then I realized something more important was happening!  Likely something that many of you had never heard of.  See, I myself am a warrior in the fight against SMA, and with August being National SMA Awareness Month it seemed only fitting that I shared that info with you.

Now is where you are likely wondering what is SMA?

Slimy Mild Avocados?
Silly Mad Apes?
Super Mom Avatars?

Nope, nope and nope.  SMA stands for Spinal Muscular Atrophy, a degenerative illness that is currently the #1 genetic killer of children under 2.  Makes it kind of amazing that most of you have never heard about it!  The thing is, now you have!  Now you know there is this silent killer out there that is just waiting to strike.  My goal is to educate as many people as I can and fight to put an end to SMA and I hope you will help me do that.

How can you help?  Well, there are a couple simple ways.  First I highly encourage you to check out the Getty Owl Foundation website to learn all about Getty, her fight with SMA and her amazing family that stands by her and supports her every step of the way!


You can also check out my site and join the awareness warriors by spreading the word yourself!  I'm hosting a contest through the month of August where you can win a $50 Visa gift card and a copy of the Lullabies For Getty - Sweetwater Child Album by simply telling someone via Twitter, Facebook or a Blog post about SMA.



Thanks so much for letting me fill you in, and a big thanks to Mandey for letting me share a post on her site!  I hope to see all of you again!

Stacey


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *