August 12, 2011

Guest Post: Amanda from Chasing Twins in Louboutins

Today's guest post comes from Amanda from Chasing Twins in Louboutins...a GORGEOUS twin mama with some crazy cute style and even cuter kiddos. Everyone say HI to Amanda!


Lucky for the gorgeous little Mama Mandolin that she gets to be on vacation!! I cannot lie- I am jealous! So instead of her awesomeness, you get a little post from yours truly- Amanda from Chasing Twins in Louboutins. Yep, I have twins too. They will be 3 in November and I cannot even believe it. But that is not what I am posting about today!!

Before the chicken nuggets {that is what I call my twins} were born I was a bake-a-holic. I was always whipping up something spectacular and bringing it into work. And then I had twins and it continued {I swear}. My neighbor, who also had a newborn daughter, would always swap delicious goodies with me. We were those disgustingly housewifey stay-at-home-moms.

And then I had two 18 months olds and my brain went down the drain. They became real little people {who ran a lot}- it wasn't just tummy time on the floor anymore. My problem with this baking debacle? Focus. Shocking, I know. I was {okay, am} constantly adding the wrong amounts because I skim the recipe and have a million things going. This leads to me adding 2 tablespoons instead of teaspoons, salted butter instead of unsalted, and more along those embarrassing lines. When it happens I feel so shameful. I was the "Little Martha" of the family. Now, I would make Martha Stewart look like she was smelling a fart.

BUT.

The other day for book club I totally nailed this pound cake recipe. Like, sneaking slices when no one is looking and shoving them in your mouth, good. That, Mama and The Dudes Followers, is what I am here to bring to you today.

It is from an AMAZING cookbook-  The Magnolia Bakery Cookbook

cb 

The Lemon and Vanilla Poundcake. If you followed the directions {which I actually did this time, yay!} it was super easy. Pour a bunch of ingredients into my KitchenAid mixer, pour it into a bundt pan, and bake for 70 min. and VOILA! perfect and yummy cake

cake

And because I am the worst and always forget, I don't have a picture of it all pretty and fancy with the lemons I used to decorate. But I did get a shot of it before I ate it all gone! 

c 

Here is the recipe- The secret ingredient? Club Soda!

Magnolia Bakery Lemon Vanilla Bundt Cake

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
    3 cups sugar
    5 large eggs, at room temperature
    3 cups all-purpose flour
    3/4 cup club soda (not seltzer)
    2 tablespoons vanilla extract
    1 1/2 tablespoons grated lemon zest 
Instructions
    Preheat oven to 350°.
  1. Grease and lightly flour a 10″ Bundt pan.
  2. In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter and the sugar until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
  3. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
  4. Add the flour in thirds, alternating with the club soda, beating after each addition until smooth.
  5. Add the vanilla extract and the lemon zest and mix well.
  6. Pour the batter into prepared pan and bake 70-80 minutes until golden brown or a cake tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
  7. Let cake cool in pan for 20 minutes.
  8. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *