July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July! This is one of my favorite holidays because of all of the great memories I have of this holiday. We'd stay up way too late, make homemade ice cream at my great grandparent's farm, and then my grandma's house. All of my uncles would light firecrackers way too loud (that I was scared of), we'd send them off into the fields around us and see them from surrounding farms. We'd eat grilled food, drink lots of lemonade and eat loads of watermelon and strawberries.

I can't wait to start these kinds of traditions with the boys! I hope you all have an awesome holiday. Now, enjoy some pictures of my 4th of Julys from over the years.

Sparklers with my cousins at my grandma's house. (Which would be our house soon enough)

My first 4th of July with Chikeize. Look at those two lovers.

4th of July together the next year.


Chikezie and his brother waiting for fireworks over the Cedar River in Cedar Rapids, IA. 

Watching fireworks at Raccoon River Park in West Des Moines, IA.

The boys last year on 4th of July, just turning 4 months old.


Hopefully we have some good memories to make this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *