30 Day Shred: Week 2

Ok people. Week one is DONE. How did you do? I have to admit, I'm kind of a cheater. I only did the shred 2 days. I know, I know...sounds bad, right? I was doing THIS:

Doesn't Bob look kind of cheesy in this picture? Yes, yes he does.

This was my schedule:
June 1: NOTHING
June 2: 30 Day Shred, 10 minute ab dvd (I got free in a box of special K...yesssssss!)
June 3: Bob Ultimate Cardio
June 4: Bob Ultimate Cardio
June 5: NOTHING
June 6: Bob Ultimate Cardio
June 7: 30 min of Bob Ultimate Cardio (the dudes woke up and I went grocery shopping later that night so didn't have time to finish the rest...it was after 10pm people)
June 8: 30 Day Shred

So why did I start doing this DVD instead of the shred? Easy, I didn't think 20 minutes a day would produce the changes I wanted to see on my body. I'm a traditionalist when it comes to exercise. I believe you have to work long and hard to see results in a fair amount of time. I've NEVER worked out for 20 minutes and felt like I was taxed afterward. I'm not saying this is true for everyone else. We all have our own limits. 

The Bob Harper DVD is basically 1 hour of levels 2 and 3 of the shred. The first 10 minutes you don't stop doing lunges or squats. Not once. The first day I was ready to jump off a building 10 minutes. I was so annoyed at all the things he was making me do the whole video. Day 2, I didn't start to get super taxed until 20 minutes in. The 3rd time I did it, I made it through the whole video without a rest. I held the weights a little longer when I thought I was going to die; when it burns so bad it hurts. 

There were some things I still can't do but am waiting to save it for when I'm ready, like doing a full push up, pulling your knee up to your elbow as you go down. Um, no. When I went back to the Shred yesterday I wasn't challenged at all. I did the punches with my 5lb weight to add some resistance. I don't know if I can go back to the shred ONLY now that I've done this Bob work out. 

This month is about us all pushing ourselves and although I'm not doing the shred, I'll be pushing myself to my limit just like all of you will be. We all have different limits. 

I stupidly got out the scale one day this week and was up to 174.4...4 lbs heavier. The next morning I was back down to 169.8.  I learned the hard way and the scale is now put away for the rest of the month. My body is freaking out with all this exercise, my weight is going to be all over the place. However, I do feel much stronger and leaner than I did one week ago. I feel a lot different. 

Goals for the week:
  • Focus on drinking 4 jars of water a day. I see a lot of people with very very vague goals. You guys HAVE to be specific. Drinking "more" water, eating "less" sweets, etc. is a pretty easy goal because you have no number to gague yourself. I want you guys all to try to set specific goals this week. How much water will you drink? How many servings of veggies will you have? How many treats will you allow yourself? 
  • I finally found my Bob Harper Yoga for the Warrior DVD which is basically an hour of power yoga and I'm going to throw that in the mix. I'm going for 3 times this week.
  • Up my juice intake to two a day. Yesterday I had a huge juice for lunch/through the afternoon and a big super green juice for dinner. I feel SO good this morning. 
Link up your 30 day shred post below! Let's keep this thing rolling in week two!



JOIN US AS WE WORK OUR BUNS OFF DOING THE 30 DAY SHRED.






No comments :

Post a Comment