June 2, 2011

30 Day Shred: Week 1


Ok people. It's time to shred it. I've been working on my diet and eating habits for the past couple months and now it's time to incorporate some working out. I'm an athletic girl. I played sports all through high school and college. I don't hate working out. I actually really enjoy it. I like feeling the burn. I love sweating. I love being dead after a work out. 
After college I gained a little bit of weight, entered a fitness competition for DM Juice and won after I don't know-4 months of working out. Well it's time to bring back my competitive spirit. Except this time I'm competing with myself. My before self. 
For the next 30 days I'm going to be doing the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I've done a few of Jillian's work outs...including the ones from Hot Bod in a Box and Making the Cut. The 30 Day Shred (to me) is not the hardest work out. Her 45 min circuits + cardio from making the cut-THOSE killed.  So, I'll be adding some other things to my fitness routine including yoga and running to up my sweat factor. I like the 30 day shred idea but I just don't feel like I've changed much after only 20 minutes of intense activity a day. 
Here's the girl I'm competing against:
Here she is, my competition.
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 169.4

Measurements:
Arms: (R) 12 1/4" (L) 12 1/4"
Thighs: (R) 24" (L) 24"
Upper waist (smallest part): 30.5"
Lower waist (at belly button): 33 3/4"
Hips (biggest part): 41.5

Yes, I'm showing before pictures without an after. I'm not scared to show you guys how I look right now. I don't need to compare this girl to her future self. She's pretty good looking now. I'm not going to sit here and point out all of my flaws and things I think need changed about my body. I'm not doing that anymore. I love this girl's curves; the strong shoulders, the small waist and the big booty. I love her long neck. I love her strong arms and big hands. She is a beautiful, strong, confident woman. And after this 30 days she will be even better. 
My goals for the next 30 days:
  1. To strengthen my back and abs. My lower back gets sore and feels weak a lot. Especially when picking up the boys. My abs are still separated significantly from my pregnancy and may or may not ever go back but I want to strengthen so I'm not feeling pain.
  2. To fit back into my favorite jeans. I've been able to wear some pre-preg jeans but not my favorite ones. 
My goals for the next week:
  1. Drink 4 jars of water a day. We have big mason jars and they are 24 ounces each.
  2. Run 10 miles. Doesn't matter how many days it happens in, just that I complete all 10 by next Thursday.
  3. 5 days of yoga. 

All of you ladies who told me last week that you'd do the shred after school was out. Well...let's go! I want you to write a blog post with your weekly goals, accomplishments, set backs etc. In the first week post include your before photo and your measurements (whatever you're comfortable with sharing).  Then head on over to NapTimeMomTog to link up and see all the others doing the challenge with us!




5781939218_acb8204e6e_m.jpg


Join us as we work our buns off doing the 30 Day Shred. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *