May 19, 2011

yummy

So I've sucked at keeping up with my food journal. Go HERE to see what I've been eating to lose weight. Chikezie was also gone for 4 days this past weekend and took the camera so I've been kind of in the non-picture-taking-mode the past few days.

I ordered a juicer today! I'm so excited for it to come so I can start THIS. I watched the documentary this was based on, Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead and was really inspired to start eating a more nutrient dense diet. Why wouldn't I? Why wouldn't I want to put the best things in my body? I want to feed awesome stuff to the boys so they are healthy and strong, I deserve the same treatment. 

Based on a assessment I did on the site, I'll be doing the Reboot Entry Program-15 days of all fresh fruits and veggies and juices. Some of the recipes look a little out of my comfort zone but my comfort zone hasn't always been the healthiest. 

So while I wait for my juicer, I've started adding more fruits and veggies to my diet. Stuff I don't normally, or have ever bought. Baby spinach? Never bought it. Kale? Just even learned what it was!

For breakfast this morning I made smoothies for all of us. I really just start throwing random things in the blender. I never really plan on what's going in.
This was the smoothie I made for Chikezie and I:
  • frozen strawberries, fresh raspberries, 1/2 packet of Amazing Meal, chopped baby spinach leaves, 1 serving of plain greek yogurt, some almond milk, a tiny bit of kefir and water. YUM.
The boys had a smoothie, too and sucked it down so fast:
  • frozen strawberries, 1 banana, whole milk and 1 packet of kid's amazing meal
For lunch I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I wanted one so bad. I think it was a healthy version, too. Whole wheat bread, natural, organic peanut butter, organic strawberry preserves. 

And then this afternoon I made a new kind of smoothie, again just throwing in random ingredients.

  • 1 apple, 1 pear, chopped baby spinach leaves, 2 chopped kale leaves, almond milk, ice and water. 
It tastes pretty good, mostly like pear/apple. I'm thinking I should have peeled them though because there is a lot of texture to this smoothie. Not so much from the leaves but I think mostly from the peels. I'm chasing it with the green tea I made to wash down all the "leftovers". And there's enough left for me to put this in the freezer and have another smoothie tomorrow. 

I'm really trying to make this a family transition. Well, the boys always eat good stuff but I really want to bring Chikezie on board for this. Now that we're parents we have 2 little guys that need us to set a good example and need us to be around as long as can. (And with as much energy as possible.) I'm not saying we need to eat perfectly healthy 100% of the time but if we make a conscious effort to make healthier choices and focus on the nutrients our body needs the benefits are endless. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *