farmer's market saturday

Saturday we went to the farmer's market for the first time as a family. I usually like to go by myself because there are so many people and it's just such a cluster-mess it's easier if I go alone. But I actually liked taking all my boys this time. Except we need another ergo. Pushing the small umbrella stroller through the packed crowd sucked and even though we had one boy in a carrier it would have been much easier. 

But despite that small problem-we got SO much good stuff! We spent like $55 and have PLENTY of produce for the week.

  • 3 pack of strawberries for $5
  • 3 basket pack of blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries for $10
  • 1 bunch of romaine, 1 bunch of carrots and 1 bunch of spinach for $4.50
  • 4 Chicken and applesauce sausages and a couple of hot "jerky" sticks for Chikezie...and the sausages were SO good. We had them last night for dinner and even the boys loved it.
  • Chikezie got 2 containers of hummus (one spicy) and a bag of pita bread.
  • 1 small bag of broccoli sprouts for $3 
  • 1 bag of fresh snap peas for $3...oh I've been eyeing them all morning. 
  • 2+ lbs of peaches, I don't remember how much they were.
  • a small 3 pack of vegan/gluten free cookies. Chikezie hated them but I ate the remaining two, I thought they were delicious. 
Before we went home we decided to stop at The Counter for lunch. Their sandwiches are SOO good. Even the boys' grilled cheese almost had Chikezie and I ordering one it was so good.

Isaiah eating his grilled cheese and french fries. 

Julian and Daddy trying to figure out the crayons.

And right now they taste better than they draw. 

It was a perfect little Saturday morning. I believe we shall make this a family outing every week! 

Before you leave can you give us a thumbs up today? We have until May 30 to get into the top 25! Thank you :)



No comments :

Post a Comment