in my head

This is how my life is when I'm out with the boys. First I'll give you an example of what really happens. Then I'll give you an example of how it happens in my mind.


Example 1: What really happens.
Person: Aww your babies are so cute! Are they twins? 
Me: Thank you. Yep, they're twins.

Person: They must be identical. (or Are they identical?...or some variation of this)
Me: Nope. They're fraternal.

Person: Are you sure?
Me: Yep.

Person: They look so much alike! I can't really tell any difference.
Me: They're fraternal, and both very different.

Person: Are you sure? I really can't tell any difference! 
Me: Yep, they're brothers who look a lot alike.


Example 2: How it goes in my head. 
Disclaimer: I apologize if this offends anyone. After 13 months of being stopped continuously during every single outing, I've become a little annoyed. At first the attention was cute but sometimes I just want to go places and not have to talk to anyone or be argued with about the genetic make up of my children. I know my kids do look very similar so it might be confusing for some people....I'd just prefer some people think before they speak.

Person: Aww your babies are so cute! Are they twins?
Me: Thank you. Yep, they're twins.

Person: They must be identical/are they identical/identical? (some form of the question)
Me: No, they're fraternal. They're just brothers who happen to be born on the same day. Some siblings just look a lot alike at different stages. Some people can compare pictures of siblings or even parent/child when they were around the same age and they look identical. It's what happens when people come from the same gene pool

Person: Are you sure they aren't identical?
Me: No, I'm not sure. I think you may be getting at something here.

Person: They look so much alike! I can't really tell any difference.
Me: I know, you've looked at them for a total of 15 seconds. Are you sure your kids aren't identical?  I've glanced at them and they look pretty much the same to me. 

Person: I don't know...I think they might be identical. I just really can't tell any difference. 
Me: You know what? You're RIGHT! They ARE identical. And here I was this past 13 months thinking they were fraternal and looked and acted differently. But now that you've pointed this out to me, my eyes have been opened. I'm pretty sure they ARE identical. Thank you so much for determining this medical fact by just looking at them for mere seconds! Can I shake your hand? You are amazing. 

AAAAAND scene.

No comments :

Post a Comment