January 23, 2011

vintage treasures

I didn't get a chance to write about my weekend last weekend because I was sick for part of the week. And our pictures were stuck on the camera while we had to transfer everything because the computer was running out of room! (I'm ready to get back into the swing of things this week.)

So last Saturday I went to the antique mall in Orange. I was only there for a few hours and I only explored maybe one block of this little old town square that I didn't even know existed. It reminded me SO much of little towns back in Iowa except in Orange it was all one big attraction....store upon store upon store of vintagey goodness. I stopped in probably 4 or 5 stores and then I was all antiqued out. 

I'm taking my camera with me next time because it was all so cute. And I'm also taking someone with me who likes antiques as much as I do. 

Here are a couple of the goodies I came home with:

An assortment of vintage buttons from a couple of different places. LOVE these. I'm seriously obsessed with buttons and have SO many. And I always feel a little sad when I use one of the buttons on a craft because I know I don't have it to use for anything again. aww. 

Keys!! That skeleton key is my favorite and it's already on a short chain but I'm going to find one longer for it. I'm not sure what I'll do with the others but I may make them into some kind of jewelry as well. 

And my favorite...a very, very old map of Iowa/Missouri. I don't really care about the Missouri part but loving the Iowa part. The bottom of the map is copywrited 1886. I love to think about where this map has been and the people who have had it and looked at it. 

I can't wait to go back and explore all of the streets I didn't have the energy to see last weekend. And this time I WILL bring my camera. 



2 comments:

  1. Yay for buttons and keys! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! Came across your blog randomly at work (hardly working) today :) I LOVELOVELOVE the babies and the Orange circle. I did a post about it too (http://lilraincloud.blogspot.com/2010/07/designing-life.html) The next time you go get the vanilla chai and the filling station. So delicious :)

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *