December 22, 2010

Things you should know...

Little Miss Momma is hosting a link up of something fun this week....and I want to play!

Here are some things you should know about me if we're going to be BFF's: 

I need caffeine in the morning. I don't care how or where from. Inject it into my veins for all I care but I better have some or I'm going to be cranky.

I'm really good at coming up with ideas. I have a very creative mind. However implementation of those ideas is beyond me.

I suck at math. And I don't try or care to get it. The boys will have to go to Daddy for math help someday. 

I've been playing piano since I was in 2nd grade. I'm not the best at sight reading or reading through music perfectly...I enjoy music much more when I can do improv and just play what I'm feeling at the moment. 
Awkwardly posing at my Grandma's grand piano in my prom dress. I've also played flute, french horn, mellophone, trumpet and the VIBES.

Seafood of all kinds makes me gag. Literally. Chikezie can't cook salmon in here or I gag.  I honestly don't know how people can eat something that smells SO bad.

I met Chikezie in a bar (he was the door guy) and I was drunk (and not 21). How romantical. 

I miss laying in the grass of the Penticrest on warm spring days in Iowa City. I'd study and people watch for hours. 


People who cut me off when I'm walking with a stroller piss me off. When I have to stand there and they slowly walk by me with no regard for the fact that I'm WAITING for them...grrr.

I love wearing heels. Only because it turns my 5'9" into like 6'0. I secretly wish I was an inch or two taller.

I think fad diets are ridiculous and horrible for you. I've been hearing a lot of people talk about the HCG Diet and I think it's so stupid and unhealthy. Isn't the point of losing weight to get healthy? Yes, you lose weight that way but you're not building any muscle or developing or learning any healthy habits that you can continue after weight loss. 

I'm very allergic to mushrooms. But didn't have this allergy until I started college. And if I'm not careful, I end up in the ER:
Looking good. 

I HATE, hate, HATE when people don't use their blinkers. And then I sit at the intersection waiting to turn and the person coming is going to turn but doesn't turn on their blinker so I wait forever until they finally turn, and I realize I could have gone that whole time if they would have used their freaking blinker! AHHH!!!!

I like wearing slippers in the winter and I don't care if they make me look like a grandma. 

I love rain. And snow. And storms. I want to live somewhere that these things happen often.

I love me a good tractor pull.

I don't have a lot of close girl friends. I guess I've always related better with guys? I also hate drama...and girls seem to be good at that.

I don't think I'm really good at anything. I'm pretty good at a lot of things. But unlike my husband who is  a web design stud, I don't have that one thing that defines me. 

I want to make a real business out of making things, I want to be a photographer, I want to be a personal trainer who specializes in pre and post-natal health and weight loss, I want to coach volleyball again. 

I grew up on a farm in Iowa. I played in the dirty barn, I helped my grandpa find tools when he was restoring old John Deere tractors, I begged my dad to let me carry feed buckets, I caught frogs and caterpillars, rode my bike for miles on gravel road and thoroughly enjoyed time with my BFF:

Woofey.

I married my first and only love.

I've climbed a 14,000 foot mountain. By the time I got to the top, I hated mountains and wanted down immediately. 

I LOVE N'Sync Christmas music. In 8th grade, my friend Amanda taped their Disney Christmas special and we watched it over and over and over. Chris and I have the same birthday. And I was kind of sad when I found out Lance was gay because he always was my favorite.

I can not handle spicy food. Even mild salsa has a little kick to me LOL. Which sucks because Chikezie loves spicy stuff. (He did the Buffalo Wild Wings Blazin' Challenge a few weeks ago! You have to eat 12 of their hottest wings in 6 minutes.)

A lot of people don't know this but I was adopted by my dad. My mom had me in college and didn't stay with my biological father (who I don't know nor have I ever known). She met my dad when I was 2 and they married when I was 3. 
The day he was officially "daddy". Nice face.

I'm the 2002 Monona County Fair Queen. I entered the contest because my mom's friend said they needed more people (there were like 8 or 9 entrants). I wasn't trying to win, just participating because I was told to LOL. I think there were a couple girls mad that I won actually. Sorry!

In college and afterward I had 2 kitties I had to get rid of before I moved because we couldn't make the move cross country together. I miss them but glad I don't have to take care of 2 more animals right now...
Marley (a.k.a. Fat Cat) named after Bob Marley, and way before Marley and Me came out and everyone named their animals and kids Marley. And Pocket, named for obvious reasons.

6 comments:

  1. A wonderful list that highlights your quirky, eclectic nature. We could never be BFFs though 'cause mushrooms and seafood are amongst my favourite foods!

    I have enjoyed reading your posts this year and look forward to hangin' with you in 2011 :) Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post - I loved learning all those things about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I wear those granny slippers that look like little elf shoes lmao oh god I can't believe I admitted that. I can't handle spicy food and I'm mexican so people think it's crazy lol what do they want, me to start chompin on jalapenos?! I made a list too http://thisyoungmama.blogspot.com/2010/12/blog-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could have wrtten many of these! Hahahaaaa!!!

    I, too, NEED my caffeine in the mornign. I once compared it to Popeye & his spinach. Greg looked at me like I was crazy.

    I also have some serious hateration for math. Seafood is the devil & I also want to move somewhere that has thunderstorms & snow & gloomy weather. REAL seasons.

    I enjoyed this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aawww, that was nice....nice getting to know you a little more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. cool list! I too suck at math, wear slippers and hate people who cut me off...

    and I found out I was allergic to red wine at the age of 35, I didn't end up in the hospital

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *