sleep and simple things

We've been working on sleeping longer though the night here at the E household. To say it's been easy would be a huge fat stinky lie. The boys are waking up at night (each once) and we've been feeding them a bottle and they usually go back to sleep quickly. But it's getting to the point where they're big enough to where they don't need 9oz in the middle of the night. They CAN sleep through the night, I've seen it happen. They are just waking up to wake up now. So I've started giving less formula in an effort to slowly get out of this cycle. I need sleep. I SERIOUSLY need sleep. 9 months of waking up multiple times every night and I'm done. 

Isaiah clearly ready for nap time. 

SOOC:

Touch Up Tuesday's at the Paper Mama

My favorite Christmas ornament. One of Chikezie's best friends, Martin, gave this to us last year in our Christmas card.  He is an awesome artist and I just love this. It's metal and shiny and the angel design is so cool.  These little things are what make the holiday season. This is something we'll have on our tree for years to come.

Oh, and that frame? Goodwill. Like $2. It was some weird silvery/gold color but I spray painted it black and I think it turned out pretty well. I have a bunch of other cool frames that I'm going to paint black as well. Let's put that on the New Year's to-do list.
Sweet Shot Day ShutterLoveTuesdays

I've been working on lots of small gifts these past few days because it's been so rainy out. I can't make anything too big because it all has to fit in my suitcase for the trip home. I think these things are perfect though:
pretty flower brooch

holiday headband

Flower magnet set. Chikezie stole one for work but I'm making more :)

Oh and I've been starting to pack things and realized I might need a little more room than I thought. We're only checking one big suitcase. Chikezie will fit most of his stuff in a carry-on and I'm thinking about fitting some of the boys' clothes in a carry-on as well...isn't this suitcase the CUTEST?
Goodwill, $5. Great shape. It's pretty small, I'm thinking it will fit as a carry-on and I can use a backpack for a purse for little things we'll need in-flight. Chikezie gets mad at me for bringing home old suitcases I find thrifting but this is going to get some use :) This little suitcase makes me happy!
Photobucket


9 comments :

  1. I love your edit - very simple but it really made a difference. I also wonder why I can never find cool things at Good will. I certainly try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love designs and I like the framed ornament too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. Your baby is TOO CUTE FOR WORDS. Seriously. What a sweet baby. I love your pictures. Adorable. Love your projects too. Very fun and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! The frame idea was sheer genius! :) I may have to try that. I've gotten a few things from there that came in handy!! Nice edit on your ornament photo too.. i love edits like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're getting really good at making those brooches/magnets/pretty things. i love all of your ideas.

    i also love that suitcase and it's really quite perfect.

    as for sleeping through the night longer - the only thing that worked for me was CIO... i felt like everything else i did just added fuel to the fire. but that's wyatt, and i know all babies are different. good luck though. you rock doing it with two.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aren't you just the craftiest?! LOVE the gifts you've been making. I've tried that stuff before, it all falls apart in like two point five minutes. I do NOT take after my mom in the crafting department. LOVE your submission for my photography challenge! I always love it when you link up :)
    P.S. Hope you get some sleep! A good night's sleep makes a world of difference.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great find. I love old luggage.

    Good luck with sleeping. It's so hard to master with little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your little handmade things are beautiful!! I want to wear them all in my hair. lovely.

    ReplyDelete