rain, rain you can stay!

It's another windy, rainy day in the OC. It's seriously been raining here since Thursday and I love it. Winter is about it being too crappy to go outdoors. I wish this was snow but rain and wind will have to do.  Traffic is buzzing along the freeway a little slower this afternoon and my hot cocoa tastes a little better next to the light of the Christmas tree. 


The boys have just laid down for a nap and as soon as I finish with this I believe I shall take a nap on our big comfy couch. I don't remember the last time I took a nap during the day. We'll see if I actually fall asleep.  It's Christmas week though, right? And although I'm packing for our big trip and have a million things to do, finding time to relax is KEY.

Here are some shots from our lazy and much too quick weekend:
We had rain all weekend so we stayed in our pj's for most of the days...and of course the boys enjoyed looking at the rain from their favorite windows. (Picture compliments of Daddy)

This could be a sweet moment, or could be a fight. I haven't decided yet.

Nothing says winter better than chocolate chip cookies in the oven on a cozy little weekend before Christmas.  Julian's mouth was drooling. Too bad he didn't get any LOL.

The Paper Mama

I like playing with bokeh now that all the Christmas lights are up.  I don't know if this one is all that good but I thought it turned out kind of cool. When I inverted it, it looked like a lab slide!

Photography love...

That candle glow is so comforting to me. We have a cinnamon candle pretty much burning non stop around here around the holidays.

And after snuggling up in the house all weekend, what is more fitting than a sweet lipped boy falling asleep in Daddy's arms?

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

7 comments :

  1. I love the picture of the sleeping boy in daddy's arms.

    Safe travel back to Iowa!! We aren't heading back to Iowa this Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been enjoying the rain, too!! Keep sending it over here to VegasLand! We love it!


    Your entry for the Paper Mama Photo Challenge looks JUST like the one I planned on using! Cookies in the oven is sssooooo winter in my home! Haha! :runs off to find another one to use:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of julian watching the cookies baking. How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julian is so cute! Those cookies make my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm a new reader! I love your blog, and that little boy watching the cookies, adorable!! Can you send me a cookie? :) Nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg that last picture of him sleeping on dad made me so tired. it looks so comfy and my eyes are closssssssssingggggggggggggg

    ReplyDelete