Paper Mama Photo Challenge: Self

Here is my favorite photo of me (with the boys).



I'm holding them both at once. Well, one is in a Moby wrap but I'm still holding them both. 

These are the kinds of things you do with twins. Things you don't have to worry about with one baby.

What do I do if both babies are crying AND I need to make bottles/get something done? What do I do when both babies are hungry and crying at the same time? How do I love them equally and find the greatness in each of them? Do I dress them alike? What if one is better at something than the other? If one gets sick, will the other?

These are just a small portion of the thoughts that go through the head of a twin mother every day. Probably in only half of my day. And those are only thoughts about babies. I have about 2.2 million other thoughts and worries about everything else during the day.

I've innovated lots of different ideas in my twin mamahood. I've fed two boys at once. I've breast AND bottle fed. I've cloth AND disposable diapered. I've co-slept with my boys AND put them in their own beds. I've slept in AND been awake for the majority of a night. 

With twins, bath time lasts an hour. Feeding takes twice as long. I change double the diapers. I wash twice the amount of clothes. I hear twice the cries, twice the giggles, see twice the smiles, get double the kisses and hugs and GIVE double the love.

This picture makes me think, "I'm a mother of twins and DAMN, I'M GOOD". 

To enter your SELF picture visit The Paper Mama:
The Paper Mama

11 comments :

  1. I still don't get how you do it. Handling on is crazy enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing! I don't know how you do it with twins. Great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn. You ARE good! Love this photo and what you've written. I'm in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a cute shot - I love your expression.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a really sassy expression! Don't know how I would handle two babies at one time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree - you are good! I can't even imagine twins! It's a great photo, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My vote goes to Mandey & Chikezie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this. I love how it shows you...you as a multi tasking super mom. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute shot, I don't know how you do it everyday!!

    ReplyDelete