Date Night Part Deux

So last week when my dad and brothers and sister were here visiting, Chikezie and I decided to take advantage of 4 babysitters and went out for a date night! The last time we were out was on June 13th for the Lion King, so we were due. 

We at dinner at California Pizza Kitchen, delish. I had Dijon Chicken Sandwich. Chikezie had a BBQ pizza and a mojito. No, I didn't even have a beer. Lame! But they just make me exhausted if I only had one and I actually wanted to be awake during the movie. 

We had a little time to kill before our movie started so we stopped at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory because Chikezie loves his chocolates.


And..of course I needed a couple sweets so we went to the candy store for me:) I refuse to buy candy at the movie theater, they practically steal your money and slap you in the face.

Don't worry, I didn't get these. I was just amazed and disgusted at the same time. 

We wanted to see Inception (which Chikezie has already seen) but we didn't want to be out too late, so we saw Salt. I really wanted to see a funny movie but there weren't really any showing at a decent time. Plus I wanted to get home to my babies. Isn't that horrible!? I get one night out and Chikezie had to force me not to talk about them for the night. It was difficult! 

All in all-it was a great night. I actually felt like a normal person and not just a mom who stays home and takes care of her babies and doesn't get out much :) And I had a reason to wear one of my scarves again. I miss my scarves. They make me feel normal. 

We agreed we need to get out more often. We both know we need to. We just don't. Let's just say it's a work in progress. 
A mama and a daddy-with some much needed time off.


1 comment :

  1. i'm beyond elated for you! sounds like a pretty rockin' time.

    ReplyDelete