July 17, 2010

rollin' rollin' rollin'

Woo hoo! This morning I found Julian sleeping in the crib on his tummy! What's so special about that you ask? Oh well he was swaddled and put to bed lying on his BACK. He managed to get out of his swaddle and wiggle all the way to the corner of the crib with his head in the corner...on his belly!

Both boys rolled from tummy to back at 4 weeks (which is pretty easy because their heads are so big). But this rolling to your tummy business is pretty tough when your head is the size of your torso. I suspected Julian was really close yesterday and I watched him squirm and talk in his crib for about 15 minutes thinking I'd see him do it. Isaiah and I watched him squirm all over the living room last night in hopes we'd see him roll but nothing. Then I find him rolled over this morning and was a little sad I didn't get to see it! I swear this kid wiggles so much. I put him on his play mat on the floor in one position and find him halfway across the room. 

Meanwhile, Isaiah has no interest in moving anywhere by rolling. He thinks he needs to stand or sit. So, I foresee a sitting announcement for him quite soon. But for now, let's all congratulate Julian on this huge milestone! 
Yay Julian!!! You can roll!
Thanks guys! I try. 

2 comments:

  1. yay julian! my son didn't roll over till he was 6 months! he absolutely hated to be on his belly for any reason at all. he still sleeps flat on his back. he never learned officially to flip from back to front, but rather he learned to flip from front to back because he hated to be on his belly so much. oh well, he's over it now.

    p.s. i love your new layout and i'm grabbing you button right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I don't see Isaiah really wanting to roll anywhere but we'll see! Some kids just hate their belly! All Isaiah wants to do is suck on his hands when he's on his belly lol.

    And thanks! I'm just messing with everything until I figure out what I like. I change my mind too much! (Typical indecisive Libra)

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *