little brother


Because I talk about the boys a lot as a pair, sometimes I feel like I'm missing out on the individuality of each boy. I know I don't think of them as a pair and try not to refer to them as "the twins" very often, much like I try not to refer to my brothers and sister as "the triplets". I know they are all separate and their identities are not defined by their multiple-ness. 


I'm not a big fan of writing letters to my children and then posting them online. For some reason I feel like if I'm going to write them a letter, I will WRITE them a letter. Seems a little more personal and for them only. So this post will just be all the things I notice and love about Isaiah, and what makes him...him!

  • Isaiah is going to be a go-getter. He has such a big personality for such a young boy. He's very outgoing and noisy. Lordy, is he noisy.
  • Isaiah has found his thumb. He loves sucking it; when he can find it. Julian is all about the first finger, but Isaiah loves the taste of his thumb. 
  • He's a cat-napper. He really has too much to do during his day to spend it sleeping. He needs to be awake so he can get to work!
  • Isaiah definitely lets you know what he wants when he wants it. No need sitting around uncomfortable if you can just yell at Mama to fix it!
  • This may be hard to believe, but Isaiah can already walk:
{I told you}

  • He loves to cuddle with Mama. I secretly think he still wakes up at night because he knows he'll get to cuddle with me for the rest of the night. He sleeps so much better by me anyways.
  • As I've mentioned in the past. Isaiah has a man voice. He uses it to really get his point across. Especially to his toys. I think he's just scolding them half the time. 
  • He's a total rough-house. He loves being held high in the air and dropped really fast. He loves when you drop him down fast and jump him around. I have a feeling when he learns how to move he's going to have lots of bumps and bruises.
  • His hair is wild! It's all starting to form ringlets that curl back on themselves. I can't wait to see it grow!
  • Isaiah is a total ham...his smile lights up his face and gives me a reason to smile every day. He has this energy and spunk that reminds me a lot of myself. He holds a special place in Mama's heart and I can't wait to see what he has in store for us.
{I love you, Isaiah. You have no idea.}

4 comments :

  1. I love getting a chance to "meet" your boys through your blog. Isaiah seems like a pretty cool dude!Plus the earliest walker in the history of the world :)

    Be warned- I'm posting a letter to Drake on my blog tonight in honor of his upcoming Birthday. I don't do many letters on my blog but thought this occasion deserved one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katie! He can run now even! It's so cute-he is on his tip toes the whole time. When we do the same thing with Julian his legs are so stiff he just hops lol.

    The thing about letters is, I don't mind reading other ppl's letters but for some reason I feel weird writing them myself! You've written a couple of really cute ones-I just am just awkward doing it haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aawww, that was a fun read. Thanks for sharing all the lovely things about your little man. I'll enjoy reading Julian's special post as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, writing posts like these really help me to focus on the individual differences of each boy and what makes them unique. Sometimes those get lost when 2 babies are crying and need you :)

    ReplyDelete