Writer's Workshop Wednesday: 30 Things

Mama's Losin' It


This week's promt: 30 things you vow to do this summer.

  1. Work on my tan.
  2. Wear sunscreen and put sunscreen on the boys when we're outdoors.
  3. Throw back a couple cold ones by the ocean.
  4. Give my hubby some "me" time just like he does for me.
  5. Plant some flowers in a pot for my patio. And water them. 
  6. Decorate our bedroom. I know we only sleep in there but it's pretty sad right now.
  7. Get a sewing machine and do some projects. Namely comforter cover/pillow cases etc.
  8. Finish re-doing the dresser. I have 3 knobs left to put on but need to find screws long enough.
  9. Eat more fresh fruits and veggies.
  10. Make dinner more often for Chikezie. I'm doing much better already..I cooked like 3 times last week! (those of you who know me know this is a big deal)
  11. Go on at least 4 "Mama and Daddy Dates". The boys are 3 months old and we're just NOW going to our first outing together. Tragic.
  12. Be better at sharing pictures of the boys with my friends and family who don't have facebook/refuse to learn how to use the internet.
  13. Book a flight back home for the fall. I miss everyone. It's funny how I still call Iowa home even though this is where we live.
  14. Read two books. Not non-fiction. I read way too much non-fiction and need to get lost in some imaginary world.
  15. Turn our TV off for a week. Essh.
  16. Help our little dudes discover the world and learn how to start moving around...probably rolling and sitting up. 
  17. Make my own baby food once the boys start eating it.
  18. Buy local as much as possible. It's hard to do sometimes here in commercial Irvine.
  19. Meet up with friends more often. I miss all of my Oakley friends who I really haven't seen for over a month. I really need to start interacting with adults.
  20. Go to my yoga class twice a week and maybe try the spin class as well.
  21. Show more affection toward my hubby. Sometimes I get in Mama mode and don't want to be bothered. He needs love and cuddles too :)
  22. Get a massage or a facial. How about both!
  23. Inspire someone to do something they didn't think they could ever do. 
  24. Find some cloth diapers I actually like and be using them as close to full time as I can.
  25. Try a new and maybe a bit challenging recipe each month. 
  26. Get better at calling my brothers and sister. I really need to talk to them every week and suck at remembering to do so. 
  27. Work on not being a slave to the scale. It's hard to stay motivated when you're working out 5 days a week and not losing weight. But I feel great and that's what counts.
  28. Start learning to play the guitar I got for Christmas but was too fat to play then!
  29. Cribs for the boys. 
  30. Enjoy and soak in every single moment I get with my family and the dudes. They're growing so fast already and I don't want to forget or miss a single thing!
Here's to an amazing summer!



5 comments :

  1. I'm not sure how I stumbled across your blog but it looks as though we have lots of similarities I don't live but I work in Irvine, have a bi racial son and I cloth diaper :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well nice to meet you Sabrina! Thanks for stopping by :) How old is your son? Any favorite cloth diaper brands? I tried out G-diapers and they suck. I currently am trying Nubunz which is like a cheaper version of Bum Genius and so far I like these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son just turned 8 months so hes a little older than yours. My son has the hugest thighs so right now I am using Happy Heinys as well as a few wahm diapers cutiepoops are the name of them.
    O and I found the greatest and cutest and cheap diapers called Kawaii they are pocket diapers but are so cute and so far work great on his chunky thighs. If you are on facebook feel free to add me brinaincali at yahoo is my email :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi there!! i found your blog on 20somethingbloggers and am highly intrigued. i too am all about the fitness. i hope you succeed in all your goals! (your twins are ADORABLE btw). i am a follower!

    Vogue Gone Rogue

    ReplyDelete
  5. kristy elena- Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete