June 28, 2010

Award(s)!

I got an award! Well, actually I got two of the same awards from two different ladies:



Thank you Tina @ http://makingofamodernmommy.blogspot.com/ - She writes all about her journey as a first time Mama to Squirmy and her adventures in being eco-friendly, breastfeeding, cloth diapering Mama. She is learning any and everything about cloth diapering so I highly recommend her as a great resource for anyone looking to learn more!

Thank you Naomi @ http://naomichronicles.wordpress.com/ - She is a first time Mama turned runner after she had her baby! She's competed in various distance races and writes all about life in general but has a separate page with races and times-GREAT motivation!

Now there are a couple of rules that go along with this award:

Rule #1: Share 7 things about myself.
  1. I love reggae. I used to have a cat named Marley after the one and only Bob Nesta.
  2. I knit. However, I've been known to start projects and run out of motivation to finish them. Note to self: finish the Hawkeye blanket I started last year.
  3. I actually like my freckles and curly hair. Lots of women with freckles try to cover them up with makeup or try to deny their curly hair by straightening it so often nobody knows it's curly. 
  4. I'm 5'9. I grew really early, too. I was 5'8 by 7th grade (and really awkward).
  5. I learned in grad school that I'm very much a "big ideas" person but find it hard to map out the details necessary to make that big idea come to fruition. I'm working on it.
  6. Fall is my favorite season, except here in California fall really isn't my favorite. I like crisp, cool air, beautiful leaves falling, cold rains that will someday turn to snow and football games.
  7. I am a Hawkeye. Boo Cyclones!
Rule #2: Nominate 15 others for the award.
In no particular order:

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! I LOVE LOVE LOVE my freckles as well! I don't wear makeup very often and when I do I make sure it's not covering them up. Though, truth be told, I hated them as a kid! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm starting to get more and more as I get older...I realize I don't even notice them anymore there are so many lol! I have them between my fingers and toes now hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thanks, I am giving you an award back!!

    http://www.chasingtwinsinlouboutins.com/2010/06/and-award-goes-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *