I got an award! Well, actually I got two of the same awards from two different ladies:
Thank you Tina @ http://makingofamodernmommy.blogspot.com/ - She writes all about her journey as a first time Mama to Squirmy and her adventures in being eco-friendly, breastfeeding, cloth diapering Mama. She is learning any and everything about cloth diapering so I highly recommend her as a great resource for anyone looking to learn more!
Thank you Naomi @ http://naomichronicles.wordpress.com/ - She is a first time Mama turned runner after she had her baby! She's competed in various distance races and writes all about life in general but has a separate page with races and times-GREAT motivation!
Now there are a couple of rules that go along with this award:
Rule #1: Share 7 things about myself.
- I love reggae. I used to have a cat named Marley after the one and only Bob Nesta.
- I knit. However, I've been known to start projects and run out of motivation to finish them. Note to self: finish the Hawkeye blanket I started last year.
- I actually like my freckles and curly hair. Lots of women with freckles try to cover them up with makeup or try to deny their curly hair by straightening it so often nobody knows it's curly.
- I'm 5'9. I grew really early, too. I was 5'8 by 7th grade (and really awkward).
- I learned in grad school that I'm very much a "big ideas" person but find it hard to map out the details necessary to make that big idea come to fruition. I'm working on it.
- Fall is my favorite season, except here in California fall really isn't my favorite. I like crisp, cool air, beautiful leaves falling, cold rains that will someday turn to snow and football games.
- I am a Hawkeye. Boo Cyclones!
Rule #2: Nominate 15 others for the award.
In no particular order:
- Accidental Baby Maker
- Alabaster Cow
- more than a MOMMY
- Chasing Twins in Louboutins
- Fat to Fit or Something Like That
- Josiah's Nest
- Mixed Mama Project
- The Sassy Silly Spunky Momma
- The Paper Mama
- SuperMama and Los Twingunos
- Once Upon A Time
- A Day With My Twins
- Only a Mama knows
- Two Little Hornes
- life is a song worth singing
Thank you to my nominators and good luck to those who I've nominated!