An Amazing Discovery

This past week the boys reached a milestone that not many babies will ever reach. Up until this point, to them, they were each just a baby struggling to make it through each day. Life is hard when you're a baby. You sleep the majority of the day, which in turn makes you extra hungry when you're awake. You are so starving most of the time you need to scream and cry for anybody to even remotely get what you need. Your diaper stinks half the time and people laugh at you and put you in funny clothes.

If you're like most babies, you'll drudge through this difficult time of your life alone. You have no one to laugh with or who truly understands you. You have no one to tell your unending woes and no one to hold your hand when you just want to be touched. No one who understands, anyways. Mama and Daddy do all these things but they don't know how a baby really feels; they don't remember what it's like. 

One day though, you'll meet this other guy who just gets you. He knows all about it. He'll smile at you when he sees your face, he'll listen to you when your gurgles sound like Greek to everyone else. He'll hold your hand when you talk to make you feel like he's really listening. He'll be your best friend for the rest of your life...and at one spontaneous and magical moment when you're only a few months old, you'll discover he exists and that he loves you already. Your Mama will feel completely left out and so proud at the same time. Her heart will glow with pure happiness as she sees you realize you were born with a built in buddy who will never leave your side and knows exactly everything you're going through. You'll walk hand in hand through this crazy life knowing you're never alone. 

At one moment, when you're a few months old, you'll discover...

your twin brother.

And that moment will be pretty awesome. 

This is that moment: 

7 comments :

  1. Seriously? That is so amazingly cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! I am SO excited for that moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! My 6 mo old daughter was sitting on my lap as I watched. Whatever they're saying is apparently hilarious! She couldn't stop laughing! And trying to grab them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made me cry! What a beautiful moment you captured of your little dudes. I have twin baby boys as well, born March 4th and I look forward to seeing Miles and Elliot discover each other as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember the first day Eli and Jude really discovered each other and it was indescribable. They just sat and stared at each other for what seemed like hours (probably only a few minutes!) and they were soon making the other laugh and having a grand time. Now, they're completely in cahoots and make mischief CONSTANTLY! Enjoy this time when they are not mobile for as long as you can! :)

    --Alex
    http://twolittlehornes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness it was seriously so cute. I was close to tears for some reason (hence the shafty camera work!) because I felt like I was intruding in on something...like I should have just left them alone or something!

    This is where the fun of having twins really starts-when they can start really keeping each other company.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, this just melted my heart. I don't normally watch people's videos but I just couldn't resist this one and I'm so glad I did. Sooooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete