3 months!

Oh my goodness. My babies are 3 months old today. I'll tell you, the last 3 months have been a total trip. Three months ago I was lounging around our studio apartment, trying desperately to move without feeling pain somewhere, and chugging water hoping to ward off contractions. I'd get contractions with a good laugh, pulling myself up off the couch or out of bed, sitting down on the toilet, walking to the kitchen, hell I got contractions merely from breathing. 

Three months ago, I was peeing every hour even through the night. I wasn't very hungry but knew I needed to eat, and something sweet was usually my vice. (Which is probably why I still have 20 baby lbs to lose. Sitting on your hiney for a few months scarfing down anything with sugar doesn't do a body good.) I was feeling my babies kick and squirm and hiccup inside my enormous belly. 

The morning of March 3...hours before giving birth.

Today, three months later, I have two healthy, thriving, entertaining and happy baby boys. I went through so much to bring them into this world; my twin pregnancy was the hardest thing I'd ever done. A multiple pregnancy takes an enormous toll on your body mentally and physically. I am so proud of my body and what it was able to accomplish. 

Enough about me. We're approaching the fun times now. People say it gets easier after 3 months. I don't expect raising twins to ever be easy but from what I've experienced so far, it's getting better. 

Meet 3 month old Julian Tochi James:

- Slept through the night for the first time last night. He went to sleep around 10:15 and didn't wake up until after I got back from my run this morning at 8:00 am.
- Is a sweet, sweet boy. Always loves a good cuddle, and spends so much of his day just observing life.
- Used to make me work for a smile but now he just doesn't stop. If he finds something funny, he REALLY thinks it's funny!
- Loves to just watch me talk to him. He'll respond sometimes with a happy kick/head jerk/spaz out but just generally stares at me with huge eyes and interacts with smiles. 
- However, when he does talk, he is so weird LOL. Lots of grunts, squeals and screams. His scream will pierce the ears. Always happy screams though.
- Finding his arms and fists and will suck on them if they're near his face. 
- Has begun to itch his head and play with the curls on his head. Right arm is always up over his head playing with the hair.
- Drinking 6oz consistently ever 3-3.5 hours except at night. 
- Loves to be bounced in his bouncy chair. Can sit for extended periods of time in his bumbo chair and watch me do stuff in the kitchen.
- Never lets me escape a bath time dry. He splashes and kicks and throws his head around in the tub. Probably his most wild time :)

Meet 3 month old Isaiah Chidi Hamilton:

- Little spark plug! He's definitely going to keep me on my toes.
- Very independent. He played on the floor for long enough for me to make banana bread the other day.
- Can never win the battle against the swing. He falls asleep every time.
- Plays with the hair on the top of his head just like Julian. 
- Fights sleep. He's always the second one to fall asleep and will sit in the swing for long periods of time before actually letting go.
- What a talker! He talks to everything. Lots of gaa's and mumbled baa's, gurgle noises and sighs. 
- Has a little fit when he's super sleepy. He'll fuss and cry until he gets cuddled up in my arms and will fall right to sleep. 
- Beginning to like the paci more when he's really tired. Neither of the boys really likes sucking on them.
- Giggled for the first time the other day. It was so cute! I don't think he knew what to do when that noise came out of him. We've been working to get more giggles but I guess he'll laugh more when he's ready.
- Very silent and stoic during bath time. Loves the warm water to be poured over his head.
- Drinking 6oz consistently every 3-3.5 hours.

I can't wait to see what changes we go through in the next 3 months! 

No comments :

Post a Comment