May 20, 2010

muh legs are on fiyaaaaa

Yep. They're on fyaaaaaa! Jillian Michaels kicked the crap out of me today. I mean, I knew she was tough but she really was out to prove a point today. I think that point was that I'm out of shape and have such a long ways to go. I won't do this for every work out, but this is the circuit workout I did today:

(Each circuit is done with no rest in between each activity, and 30 seconds rest after each circuit) 


Circuit 1
Back kick w/shoulder press: 10 reps w/each leg. 
Dumbbell Row: 15 reps 
Basic Lunges: 50 reps on alternating legs (25 reps on each leg, no added weight) 
Hill run at incline: 10 for 1 minute at 5.5 mph (women) or 8 mph (men) 


Circuit 2
Low Dumbbell Rows: 15 reps 
Pelvic Thrust: 20 reps 
Steps ups: 20 reps on each leg (40 total) 
Hill run at incline: 10 for 1 minute at 5.5 mph (women) or 8 mph (men) 


Circuit 3
Crab Walk: Go 10 steps forward 
Reverse Plank: 5 leg lifts on each leg (10 total) 
Crab Walk: Go 10 steps backward 
Reverse Plank: 5 leg lifts on each leg (10 total) 
Dead lift: 10 reps 
Reverse crunches: 25 reps 
Mountain Climbers: reps for 1 minute 


Circuit 4
Crossover Lunges w/Hammer Curls: 10 reps on each leg (20 total) 
Hammer curls: perform reps until bicep muscle failure 
Static lunges with Reverse Cable Fly: 10 reps with each leg forward (20 total) 
Hill run at incline: 10 for 1 minute, at 5.5 mph (women) or 8 mph (men) 


Circuit 5
One-Leg Pelvic Thrusts: 15 reps per leg (30 total) 
Basic Crunches: 25 reps 
Mountain Climbers: reps for 1 minute 

The box set "Hot Bod in a Box" comes with descriptions on how to do each exercise all on little cards that you can take to the gym with you. It also comes with 9 different circuit work outs, all with different combinations of exercises, all equally difficult. The entire thing takes around 45 minutes and I guarantee you're drenched in sweat by the end. I did this before I was pregnant and in the best shape I'd been in and they still kicked my butt! 


Thank you, Jillian Michaels, for torching my legs.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I came across your blog on 20sb and so glad I did! Congrats on your beautiful babies. My Finn is 13 months old and just started walking. I got Jillians 30 day shred video and started just this week. Her circuits are killing me but I know they will work!! Nice to ''meet'' you :-).

    Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Louise! Thanks for stopping by :) I don't even want to think about my babies walking! Haha I never want them to grow up- even though I secretly can't wait to see what kind of boys they're going to be. And you're right, Jillian's circuits kill! But they definitely work.

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *